new project!!! Project DBR!!

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
This is a V-Link 3.1 from 1997

I have been collecting parts for it and it was a proper mess when i got it.

Frame stripped and rear end polished. Front end is very pitted and very difficult to get the scratches out - will be powdercoated gloss black!!

Yellow Judy SL, RaceFace cranks (need a respray) and several other things collected!!

going full M950 on this with raceface finishing kit and spinergy wheels, had to put it together to get a basic idea of what it might look like. need to cut steerer obviously and seatpost needs cutting down as it is way to high and wont go any further down the seattube!!

thanks to all that helped with the accumulation process!!!

comments welcome

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,087
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,087
  • IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,087
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,087
I'm not seeing any love for the DBR Nic?

IMO the only cool DBR FS was the Dual Response - arguably the finest looking retro FS design too :cool:

My ex-housemate has one of these (98 model), in red and white. I sold it to him new when working in a bike shop for about a grand despite the fact that it was very well specced (M950, Avid Ultimates, SID's etc). He rode it hard for over 5 years and loved it! I always thought it was a good looking, light bike and if it had fitted me BITD I would have bought it.

He doesn't use it any more and I expect he could be tempted to sell the frame and forks if any one was interested?

MadCowKev":2sa3la0r said:
I'm not seeing any love for the DBR Nic?

IMO the only cool DBR FS was the Dual Response - arguably the finest looking retro FS design too :cool:

i'm not totally feeling the love for it myself mate!! I dont know whether it is just cos it looks stupid cos everything doesnt fit ie stem and seatpost and there arent any tyres on it, or if i just dont like it anymore

I used to have one and really enjoyed riding it so wanted to get it for that reason!

trying to find a retro frame in even average condition over here is very hard!!

I used to have one and really enjoyed riding it so wanted to get it for that reason!

Sounds like a good enough reason to get it built up.

I reckon it'll look good in black with the yellow parts........maybe yellow graphics to finish it off.

jango":19a42l58 said:

Sounds like a good enough reason to get it built up.

I reckon it'll look good in black with the yellow parts........maybe yellow graphics to finish it off.

Yep - yellow graphics to match the judy forks!! same for wheels.. Got some tyres on it now and it looks heaps better - just getting headsey fitted and steerer/seatpin cut to length!!

A friend said it looked like custard so may get front triangle sprayed pink to maroon fade so it looks like rhubarb!!

Back