My Proflex X works build. Your thoughts appreciated

mazdaman1980

Senior Retro Guru
Hi Guys

I recently aquired a Proflex XPX frame that came with some original Girvin Vector 2 forks. Both front and rear elastomers are dead so have new springs on order from Rapid Decent in Scotland.

Here are a few pics of the parts i have aquired so far but with this and my girlfriends Cannondale Delta V i have my hands full!

Please let me know what you think.

Adam

Adambike001-2.jpg

Adambike002-5.jpg

Adambike003-3.jpg

Adambike005-4.jpg

Adambike006-4.jpg

Adambike008-4.jpg

Adambike009-4.jpg

Adambike010-5.jpg

Adambike011-4.jpg

Adambike012-4.jpg

Adambike016-3.jpg

Adambike014-4.jpg

Adambike017-4.jpg

Adambike018-2.jpg

Adambike019-4.jpg

Adambike020-4.jpg

Adambike021-3.jpg

Adambike022-1.jpg

More parts are on the way and i have some XTR f and R mechs and some sachs shifters as well as a few other nice touches. I am just after some nice chainrings and some QR's.

James i cant believe how many times i have had to say this. I am waiting for the forks from Defiant, when i have them i can finally build it. How can i nag someone that is giving me something for free!

That looks like a very very very nice build. have you heard from rapid yet about the springs? I think all your parts will look great- love the wheels but if I had to change one thing it would be the colour of the maguras- red tomacs would be my choice but WTFDIK? I have a very long proflex stem that came with my beast you can have- just too long for me :shock: - retro karma of course.

Attachments

• DSC04373 (Large).JPG
    DSC04373 (Large).JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,672
  • DSC04372 (Large).JPG
    DSC04372 (Large).JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,672
Hi Gaz

That stem would be grand. It actually had the HS11 in red with it but since i was a kid and saw my first Proflex which was a Beast with the HED wheels and yellow Maguras i had to have them, however you are right so what i am going to do is rebuild and paint the maguras, fitting steel braided hoses along the way. Someone else did a beautiful job, much the same on here about 2 months ago, what a fantastic job he did so i want to follow suit.

I just fitted the wheels and they look really nice, not quite as good as the would against a Beast in green but the overall build and the quality parts and new springs which i purchased today should make a difference.

I cant wait to get on with the 353, just desperate for these forks i was promised.

Thanks for your support mate, you have really helped me on this.

Back