1996 Marin Pine Mountain

the_dark_horse

Old School Hero
Hi All,

Well here is my retro bike story..... as with all good stories it starts with a girl.

Well, no, actually it starts with my 1995 Marin Palisades Trail. A much needed upgrade from my Raleigh Activator II that was a present for Xmas 95. All went well until 5,242 miles later in the summer of 1997 when my drive side drop out snapped. God I loved that bike - really liked the 'Champagne Satin' colour of the 95 Marins.

A trip to my Marin dealer saw an upgrade frame out of the warranty (thank you Marin/ Noahs Ark!) - a 1996 Pine Mountain frame. Over the years the original Palisades bits have worn and been replaced with an LX - XTR drivetrain, Flite Titianium sadle (the most stylish saddle ever produced, in my humble opinion!) and a Hope Ti front hub...

Anyway, enough of my ramblings and on with the pics:

Marin001.JPG

Marin002.JPG

Marin004.JPG

Read it and weap.....

Marin005.JPG

Gotta love that Hope!

Marin0015.JPG

Now after over 9,000 miles the Pine Mountain is still going strong!

Hope you all like him!

Cheers,
Matt

Great story. Which noah's did you get it from?

Sadly can't see the pictures here :?

Update! 05 May 2007.
After pondering a new bike then riding this years hell of the north costswolds and still loving my Marin, I decided a new drive train and forks were the order of the day to refresh from my 1997 Manitous.

A really great job has been done by Cytek http://www.cytekcycles.co.uk

New XTR cassette, LX chain (best you can seem to get in 8 speed now!) and thanks to Burkedh for the LX cranks! Sid Race forks rotate on a BBB cartridge headset 'pimped' up with a USE Ringo-Star (no time for star fangled nuts!).

Hope you all agree that the mix of brand spaking new plush forks compliment the retro roots.

Marin_Sids1.JPG

Marin_Sids2.JPG

Marin_Sids3.JPG

Back