Cannondale Killer V ***progress report***

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Thought I would post up some pictures of my Dale project.

This will be my first start to finish project (dam you retrobike, dam you to hell :twisted: ). This is a 1994 Killer Vwhich was orange originally but has been 95% stripped already.

It had a crack issue which has now been welded, will post some pics tomorrow, pretty goo job, thanks for the referral Kaiser ;) .

This is going to be my singlespeed for the SSUK this year and as we are all in the grip of financial Armageddon I decided to keep the budget tight. All in all I have spent about £165 (and a box of beer). The bike won't be bling but going for the polished Al and black components to keep it clean and simple. I was going to go for the retrobike-period-correct-anal retentive build but have to admit that this is just not me. I'm to impatient and don't like spending the money, a bargain hunter so to speak. :roll:

The next step is to get the last bits of paint off and then polish. I can then go for it as I have most of the bits albeit I have some mary bars coming (told you I don't do it properly).

Will keep you posted of my progress, BTW fitted my first bottom bracket last night, now can fully strip and rebuild which is nowt to shout about but I was clueless about anything mechanical last year, me and Zinn have been learning as we go along ;)

Attachments

• dale4 (Large).jpg
    dale4 (Large).jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 6,916
  • dale5 (Large).jpg
    dale5 (Large).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 6,916
  • dale crack (Large).gif
    dale crack (Large).gif
    205.6 KB · Views: 6,916
Here are the weld pictures and I managed to get some time today to do a bit off buffing, It is the first fine wire and brasso rub down, lots more cloth action to come.......

Attachments

• dale weld (Large).jpg
    dale weld (Large).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 6,849
  • dale weld2 (Large).jpg
    dale weld2 (Large).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 6,849
  • dale first shine (Large).jpg
    dale first shine (Large).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 6,849
Put some more of the dale together tonight.

I'm pondering over the bars and seatpost. If I stick with the silver flat bars then I must go to silver seatpost right? But I'm keen on a set of marys (black) so the bonty seatpost stays yeah?

Oh yeah feel free to tell me the bottle cage is wrong, saddle (just for you pickle :LOL: ) is awful etc.... open to constructive crit. just remember, I dinna want nae bling :twisted:

Attachments

• dale part done2 (Large).jpg
    dale part done2 (Large).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 6,723
  • dale part done (Large).jpg
    dale part done (Large).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 6,723
The look of that is outstanding. :D

I think I would try a shiny seatmast to keep with the theme. Black is all too easy.

Gazz outstanding :cool: I reckon the black post might be ok with the black bars. You'll need some tyres for that mind and thats the gayest bottle cage I've ever seen.

your wish is my command- the tires were in the dishwasher :LOL:

Please don't tell the wife :roll:

I have a silver post shovelon but I think the marys are going on this bike (I demand some comfort :twisted: ) so black will prob. be the option.

Attachments

• dale part done4 (Large).jpg
    dale part done4 (Large).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 6,705
  • dale part done3 (Large).jpg
    dale part done3 (Large).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 6,705
Back