Thought I would post up some pictures of my Dale project.
This will be my first start to finish project (dam you retrobike, dam you to hell
). This is a 1994 Killer Vwhich was orange originally but has been 95% stripped already.
It had a crack issue which has now been welded, will post some pics tomorrow, pretty goo job, thanks for the referral Kaiser
This is going to be my singlespeed for the SSUK this year and as we are all in the grip of financial Armageddon I decided to keep the budget tight. All in all I have spent about £165 (and a box of beer). The bike won't be bling but going for the polished Al and black components to keep it clean and simple. I was going to go for the retrobike-period-correct-anal retentive build but have to admit that this is just not me. I'm to impatient and don't like spending the money, a bargain hunter so to speak.
The next step is to get the last bits of paint off and then polish. I can then go for it as I have most of the bits albeit I have some mary bars coming (told you I don't do it properly).
Will keep you posted of my progress, BTW fitted my first bottom bracket last night, now can fully strip and rebuild which is nowt to shout about but I was clueless about anything mechanical last year, me and Zinn have been learning as we go along