1991 Klein Attitude Backfire Campagnolo Build Pictures Added

thesneaker

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Just today picked up this Attitude, been in a shed for the last 5 years, hardly been off road in its life, 1 owner from new all original apart from the tyres and saddle. Full Campag groupset, wheels, hubs, seatpost, i'm not really up on the Campag gear, its not shifting atm, if anyone can give me some advise i would really appreciate it, i don't even know what Campag groupset it is as it doesn't say anywhere.

Would like to keep it all original but if i can't i have a nearly complete NOS XT groupset from 90/91 (see pic) please excuse the dirt it will be cleaned over the Christmas break!

Attachments

• Jklein1.jpg
    Jklein1.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 5,915
  • Jklein2.jpg
    Jklein2.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 5,912
  • Jklein3.jpg
    Jklein3.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 5,912
  • Jshimano.jpg
    Jshimano.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 5,913
jonrock":yrydp4l7 said:
Nice.
Looks like the cable on the rear mech could be looked at!
J

haha yeah thats 1 reason why it ain't shifting, but the actual shifters have had it a think, i've always beeen a Shimano man so have never some accross these "Gripshift" style Campag shifters, theres no clickin when you twist them,they just spin round!

Looks good!
I think it´s Euclid -group.

Is that the one what was at ebay.uk couple times. 600£

Group is Centaur. As it is -91 catalog

Shamus":3860aovj said:
Looks good!
I think it´s Euclid -group.

Is that the one what was at ebay.uk couple times. 600£

it is indeed, the bikes alot better that the Ebay listing showed, has a scratch on the top tube and is just slightly starting to bubble in 2 places, nothing serious, it will look alot better after i have cleaned the 5 years of muck off it!

i've clocked these on the Bay -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0280055031

hopefully will solve the shifting issues, the thumbies will look abit better, also i do have the original Campag pedals, they are just not on the bike atm, think it would look better with a black seatpost as well, as brakes and rims are black.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i've found out the groupset in Campagnolo Centaur, so i've put a post in the "wanted" section for parts :)

Back