Opinions please, changes now made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mazdaman1980

Senior Retro Guru
This is a bike that i bought for my girlfriend but like always got sucked right in to making it the best it could be. It just needs cables and a chain and its finished.

Please let me know what you think. Its not a big money build but it seems like a really nice spec and for a steel frame its very light.

Adambike005-1.jpg

Adambike006-2.jpg

Adambike010-3.jpg

Adambike011-2.jpg

Adambike016-2.jpg

Adambike018-1.jpg

Adambike020-3.jpg

Adambike021-2.jpg

Adambike023-2.jpg

Adambike025-2.jpg

Adambike037-3.jpg

Adambike024-3.jpg

Judy SL with speedsprings to be added once i find a 1' non threaded headset.[/img]

nothing wrong there fella, if its a rider though I'd probably opt for a shorter stem. Also that seatpost has a lot of layback, women generally have shorter torsos than men so she may find the position a bit stretched. All women are different though...

Stem aint my cup of tea, and as stevet1 said, reach may be a little OTT for a lady.

Otherwise, cool :cool:

Not bad.

is every component from a different groupset. good work. Was that a concious decision?

daj":13kgtkif said:
Was that a concious decision?

You are evil !! :LOL: :LOL:

Have you ever thought of taking over from Anne Robinson on weakest link? :LOL: :LOL:

Hey, that was intended to be a little light banter :LOL:

looks good otherwsie I reckon, just prefer to see one (or two similar) gruppos throught, looks cleaner imho.

Hey, that was intended to be a little light banter

I know it was :D

When I see your aviator piccy I dont think of the film but the cover from the zx spectrum game!! happy days with me knackered joystick :D

daj":3ncmdne8 said:
happy days with me knackered joystick :D

Surely not for discussion here! :shock: :oops: ;)

Mazdaman,

I like the build - agree with the comments above except for the groupset one. If its not a big budget build, will be a rider etc then go with what works/ or like I do what I have!

Love the colour too ;)

It's looking good so far mate. ;)

If it was mine I'd change the stem though. Although I've got a soft spot for I Beams, I don't think it works on a C16
As for the mix of gear...... If it's a rider then it's no big deal, but some M739 STIs would look neater than the LX and Avid levers. You'd then have an XT/XTR mix which is nice. :D

I'm guessing there's a Middleburn crank going on?

Finally. Is it allowed to have a Judy fork and Pace hub on the same bike AND a Judy on an Orange!!!! :shock: ?? :LOL:

;)

Back