1989 Nishiki Alien

hairstream

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Threw together a winter bike while I'm waiting for the powder coater...

Attachments

• Alien 4.jpg
    Alien 4.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,784
  • Alien 3.jpg
    Alien 3.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,784
  • Alien 2.jpg
    Alien 2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,784
  • Alien 1.jpg
    Alien 1.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,783
Thanks guys. I know this one isn't everyone's cup of tea around these parts. But, the feedback is much appreciated.

This one just kinda dropped into my lap. It spent the past 20 years in a box inside a closet. It is a little bit big for me (as you can see from the length of the head tube, and the short amount of seat post protruding from the frame... probably fit somebody like MCK better than me...). The plan is to run slicks or a cross tire and use it for getting into town (Colorado Springs) and back home to Manitou. Thought I'd try the Panaracers since it decided to snow as I was finishing it up.

Yep. Odyssey Pro Vapor stem (from 1989, according to mombat timeline, so it's period correct). Has an eccentric roller cam, if it's not set up properly it can lock up the front wheel pretty quickly... don't ask me how I know this. Was going to go with the trusty T-bone, but I'm attracted to the oddity.

Next up, the Boulder from Spectrum Powderworks. Yeehaa!

Cheers.

hairstream":5q7oz7fr said:
Yep. Odyssey Pro Vapor stem (from 1989, according to mombat timeline, so it's period correct). Has an eccentric roller cam, if it's not set up properly it can lock up the front wheel pretty quickly... don't ask me how I know this. Was going to go with the trusty T-bone, but I'm attracted to the oddity.

Cool, the build has lots of parts I'm after myself but I don't think I'll get anything as minty clean. Stem does sound good, I lke little widgets like that :D

Awesome awesome awesome !!!!! I love Nishiki's !! Always wanted the one with the big boxxy aly tubing !! Was it the Al or the ACX ??

Keeping my eyes open for one anyhow !!

Nice work fella.

Back