Status
Not open for further replies.

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Well took some pics today and it just looks wrong... Before the Spin it looked ok I thought but not anymore the spin and fork make it drab?

Anyway .... Would Period Judy d/h ( red ones ) sort it out??

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

Ok Dave, you asked for some comments so here goes (note: I am far from an expert and this hopefully helps rather than hinders):

- you've got a lot of colours going on there (yellow, blue, red), often less is more. Perhaps choose one colour to complement the silver frame, post and chainset and go from there?

- agree with above that best to lose the Spin

- matching tyres are good (or at least tyre colour)

- I have been told that contact points (saddle, grips, pedals) should be the same colour and that seatpost, stem, bars and cranks should also be same colour. I see what this is getting at but not sure that I totally agree - I've seen some really tasteful rule breakers.

Most of the above could be achieved over time if it rides ok, just do it as and when you get the bits.

Hi Mate, i just dont think spin's on a mtb go. I alway's feel they look right on a track bike goin round a velodrome an not on the back of a tough cookie GT. but hey, wot do i know!! ;)

re:

change the stem, and grips and you'll be fine. Send the wheel to me for free, and I'll be happy for the rest of my life haha. but that stem is wrong, get a kore in black...

its a bit of a mess.

obligatory (or you will burn in the chinese hell of the dodgy welds):

black rims

5 arm chainset

matching tires

some form of anodised bling.

The cheese has spoken.

:D

in fact the crank set/tyres off my gt would pep that up no end ;)

rob

ps i would say wheels too but they are disc brake

Ditch the spin and bung the judys on it.

Getting a decent spoked wheel on the back will tighten it up loads too.
I've got a couple of pairs of spins kicking round and to be honest, they are better off on a garage queen as they flex way too much offroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back