1989 Ritchey - Super Comp

sq_root_of_2

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have had this bike since August 1989 when I bought it new.

I did not have much time to ride it as I was moving around the globe. So it sat in my apartment in Montreal and was only ridden when I returned there. I rode it mostly on the bike paths in the city and on dirt/lumber roads in Vermont.

It is nearly 100% original as came from the shop. The paint is 99.9% perfect and original.

Specs:

Frame: Ritchey fillet brazed 19" frame, painted with the optional team colours, red, white and blue fade.
Fork: Ritchey fillet brazed
Headset: Shimano XT
Stem: Ritchey fillet brazed
Handlebar: Ritchey
Grips: Grabon
Brakes: Shimano XT
Brake Pads: Shimano XT
Brake Cables: Shimano XT
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano XT
Brake Levers: Shimano XT
Shifters: Shimano XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT - M732
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT - M732
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XT - 12- 28 HG90
Chain: Shimano XT - HG90
Cranks: Shimano XT - M730 - 175mm
Chainrings: Biopace
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
Pedals: Shimano XT
Hub Skewers: Shimano XT
Rims: Ritchey Vantage - Anodized
Hubs: Shimano XT
Tyres: Ritchey Kevlar Force
Saddle: Ritchey/Avocet
Seatpost: Ritchey/Nitto
Seatpost Binder: Shimano XT
Weight: 11.50Kg or 25.35Lbs

It is a wonderful bike to ride.

>>>>>>>> MORE PHOTOS ON PAGE 2

Attachments

• DSCN5229sm.JPG
    DSCN5229sm.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,304
  • DSCN5200sm.JPG
    DSCN5200sm.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,301
  • DSCN5216sm.JPG
    DSCN5216sm.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,303
  • DSCN5180sm.JPG
    DSCN5180sm.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,306
Very nice, especially the colours on frame, I like it alot and it looked mint condition and well looked after, nice one. :)

That is grrrrrreat..

Has it ever been off road ? Looks in amazing condition. Ditch the slicks and get some decent nobbles on it..

You are correct, it was not used off road much. It was used mostly on bike trails and dirt roads in Canada and Vermont State in the US. I moved around a lot right after buying it and did not get to use it except to go to places close to where it was stored.

It is all original except the Deore XT Shark Fin which I put on. Everything else is as it was delivered. I know, it is not a very exciting build but it is a bit of history.

I took the original tyres off when I bought it and replaced them with the Avocet Cross Kevlar and used them on the bike paths.

I have found the original tyres in one of my many storage places. They are on the bike now.

Back