Zaskar LE - looks wrong but cant quite put my finger on it??

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
just looks a bit weird to me - not the best photo thpugh

(I know it doesnt have chainrings or a chain or cables - but something doesnt look 'right' looks overly chunky

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,054
The front looks a bit high, maybe because of the spacers.
Try to make a pic horizontally.
Not downward, but straight forward, like in brochures, than you get a good look of the angles and hights.

LTS Biker":1we99alj said:
The front looks a bit high, maybe because of the spacers.
Try to make a pic horizontally.
Not downward, but straight forward, like in brochures, than you get a good look of the angles and hights.

Yeah - definitely think you are right and it will be getting cut down - i think it needs amber walls as well given the dark rims

will get a better photo

Possibly looking a wee bit monochrome and the fork seems a wee bit skinny chunkying up the frame. A nice coloured judy with matching cables might help

Generaly look's fine to me, 1/2" or 1" of spacers under the stem isn't too bad, i think the control centre looks a bit heavy though with the Grip shifts and bar ends (are those extending back a bit behind the bar as well as forward ?), maybe try STI's and normal stubbie bar ends ?

Amber wall's may help too but i dont think the black walls and rims are too much of a problem.

jimihendrix":2zn05o5i said:
Generaly look's fine to me, 1/2" or 1" of spacers under the stem isn't too bad, i think the control centre looks a bit heavy though with the Grip shifts and bar ends (are those extending back a bit behind the bar as well as forward ?), maybe try STI's and normal stubbie bar ends ?

Amber wall's may help too but i dont think the black walls and rims are too much of a problem.

yeah - its got funny EGS shifters on it but i think i'm going to take them off.

the bar ends are syncros to go with the bars and stem

there is almost 2 inches of spacers!!

It really needs a flash of colour in a few places. Perhaps a bit on the headset, cranks, saddle and bars?

Tyres also perhaps, some sidewalls of s different colour. It does definately look a tad too high at the front also but that like the guys say could just be a bad angle for the pic.

mazdaman1980":203m77k9 said:
It really needs a flash of colour in a few places. Perhaps a bit on the headset, cranks, saddle and bars?

Tyres also perhaps, some sidewalls of s different colour. It does definately look a tad too high at the front also but that like the guys say could just be a bad angle for the pic.

trying to keep it fairly monochrome - although it does have gold bolts to go on

it is definitely too high and the photo doesnt show the gold forks the best either

i think amber walls will be better or some cream magics - will try them and post photos

re:

It's the barends and the fork...

That fork is wrong, why? This frame is an 95, thoose were made for Judys, so u need a bit chunkier Judy.

All the pictures with GT's and Mag's from the golden age are on the Xizang, which has a more slimmed frame then the zaskar. Also all the angles on this bike is made for a 63mm travel fork.

The only shifters that look good on GT are for some reason shimano Triggers, don't know why it's just is! I've tried em all to look good on my avalanche sram triggers, gripshifts and even Thumbies, but they all look shite compared to shimanos units. But it's a nice frame and nice components otherwise!

Attachments

• 3b9df43f.jpg
    3b9df43f.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,968
OK, stem height you know about. I think it looks wrong just 'cause of the angle you've taken the pic at. Try popping some chain rings on, and then take a few more pics – bet you'll feel happier with it. It's looking top-heavy in that pic probably because of the lack of chainrings on the middle of the bike ;)

Don't fret – it'll be a nice build. Wouldn't have thought of a syncros build on a zaskar, works well though – tough meets tough.

Had yellow Judy SLs and a yellow Kore stem planned for mine – thinking that's a bit obvious now

Back