Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:16 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:20 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:35 am
Posts: 1974
Location: Wellington NZ
okay - took some side on photos - with chainrings and also with huge EGS shifter removed.

tried the different coloured tyres from my klein too

what do you think????

i think it looks a bit better


Attachments:
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG [ 65.91 KiB | Viewed 1656 times ]
IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG [ 64.39 KiB | Viewed 1656 times ]
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG [ 64.84 KiB | Viewed 1656 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:27 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 3098
Location: on the trail
i prefer the black tyres to be honest chap :?
maybe try some irc tyres for the redish side wall
or conti gumwall,s?


rob


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:51 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 2048
Location: Vienna, Austria
hmmm, the only thing that i don't like about your bike is the headset. looks like one of those modern integrated ones. apart from that its a nice setup.
judys would look cool on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:53 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:35 am
Posts: 1974
Location: Wellington NZ
MAXTHEROTTI wrote:
i prefer the black tyres to be honest chap :?
maybe try some irc tyres for the redish side wall
or conti gumwall,s?


rob


i agree - but looked 'funny' withe the black sidewalls and black rims - have some panaracer amberwalls coming - they should be fine!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:55 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:35 am
Posts: 1974
Location: Wellington NZ
Inigo Montoya wrote:
hmmm, the only thing that i don't like about your bike is the headset. looks like one of those modern integrated ones. apart from that its a nice setup.
judys would look cool on it


it is a bit modern but i had it lying around until i can afford something more suitabe :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:24 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:35 pm
Posts: 715
Location: Somewhere-set
Much better mate – for what it's worth, I like the black tyres, makes the bike look tougher.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:29 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:35 am
Posts: 1974
Location: Wellington NZ
Crayons wrote:
Much better mate – for what it's worth, I like the black tyres, makes the bike look tougher.


yeah i reckon the amber walls will be perfect

the steerer needs trimming - the seatpost is slighly too high and the saddle can move back a little too but much happier with the rings on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:30 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:22 pm
Posts: 1811
Location: St Ives,Cambridgeshire
Is it a large frame?

Nothing that can be changed, but it looks very empty between the rear wheel and the top tube/seat tube junction.
Might look better with some cables to fill in a bit

Think the problem visually is its very tall from BB to Saddle which makes it look very upright and bikes tend to look better more streamlined.
Perhaps drop the saddle a bit (for photo purposes) and lose some spacers and that will bring it all down a bit

Don't think the background in the new pics helps either, very austere

Nothing wrong with that bike though :D and nice to see a more monochrome build after that Purple haze recently


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:42 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:44 pm
Posts: 3584
Location: Wherever it is, I'm being just that little bit more Lance
I'd say keep it monochrome with just the smallest bit of colour like ano chain ring bolts, something like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:50 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:35 am
Posts: 1974
Location: Wellington NZ
Huntso wrote:
Is it a large frame?

Nothing that can be changed, but it looks very empty between the rear wheel and the top tube/seat tube junction.
Might look better with some cables to fill in a bit

Think the problem visually is its very tall from BB to Saddle which makes it look very upright and bikes tend to look better more streamlined.
Perhaps drop the saddle a bit (for photo purposes) and lose some spacers and that will bring it all down a bit

Don't think the background in the new pics helps either, very austere

Nothing wrong with that bike though :D and nice to see a more monochrome build after that Purple haze recently


mate - the photodoesnt even tell half the story!!! just moved into a house that has been painted what is now referred to as "empty 80's swimming pool green"

it will be going soon :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], boswell, raidan73, SEANSTEPHENS, xerxes and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group