Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:09 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:55 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
BG wrote:
looks similar to the Giant Cadex


My thoughts too :lol:

Nice job Chris, I like it. Will look good when the RS1's are finished :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:59 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 am
Posts: 1614
Location: Edenbridge, Kent
Quote:
That tubeset has a far more illustrious history than people know.


Ameybrook, go on then, was one of these painted to look like something else subsequently achieving success or fame?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:22 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 2568
Location: Durango CO, USA
South Bound wrote:
Ameybrook, go on then, was one of these painted to look like something else subsequently achieving success or fame?


Easton C9, or "alucarb" bikes are better known with Yeti and Raleigh decals. A cool concept / design that never took off under the Reflex banner.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:34 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:45 pm
Posts: 10934
Location: kent
the story goes that easton had to stop making frames and sell the brand to Look as its clients were not happy about it .


there was a version with the 3 tubes from the main triangle carbon , mine is only the downtube .
must be one of the earliest MTB frame with carbon in it .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:36 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:45 pm
Posts: 10934
Location: kent
ameybrook wrote:
South Bound wrote:
Ameybrook, go on then, was one of these painted to look like something else subsequently achieving success or fame?


Easton C9, or "alucarb" bikes are better known with Yeti and Raleigh decals. A cool concept / design that never took off under the Reflex banner.

Image


so with a bit of paint and yeti decals I could sell it as a Yeti C26 ? :lol:

seriously, thanks for the info Mike . :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:39 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 2568
Location: Durango CO, USA
cchris2lou wrote:
the story goes that easton had to stop making frames and sell the brand to Look as its clients were not happy about it .


there was a version with the 3 tubes from the main triangle carbon , mine is only the downtube .
must be one of the earliest MTB frame with carbon in it .


Chris is right. Easton went to a bunch of companies and said they were developing the tubeset "exclusively for you" etc.

Further reading

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t ... ght=Reflex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:57 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Sweden
I'm waiting for a purple cadex, wonder if he forgot to mail it..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eagach, Elev12k, kase1983, Klein-aficionado, shinobi and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group