Not retro at all '95 Kona Kilauea

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Wee update to my Kilauea. Replaced the rigid fork for a FoxFloat 100RL and it handles well, guess i'm not as hard as i thought i was :D Changed the stem to a Deus and the wheels are Hope Pro2/717s'. Its being used as my main bike so i've got rid of the SS setup and now run it 1x9 which i find is all i need. Replaced the rear hayes hfx9xc with a shimano LX as i got a bit excited whilst fiddling with the caliper and knackered it. overall i'm loving its new incarnation, just gets better and better.

Frame: 1995 Kona Kilauea Tange Prestige Concept double butted ovalised tubing

Fork: '05 Fox Float 100RL

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Race Face Deus XC
Handlebar: Easton EA70 Riser
Grips: Race Face Good n Evil

Front Brake: Hayes HFX 9xc 160
Rear Brake: Shimano LX 160

Shifter: Deore XT
Rear Derailleur: Deore XT
Derailleur Cables: Deore XT
Cassette: Deore XT
Chain: Connex Wipperman
Cranks: Middleburn RS7 Uno
Bottom Bracket: RaceFace?
Pedals: Eggbeater C

Hub Skewers: Hope
Rims: Mavic XC717
Hubs: Hope Pro2
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tyres: Bontrager Mud X

Saddle: WTB Rocket V SLT
Seatpost: Thomson
Seatpost Binder: Kona

Attachments

• k5.jpg
    k5.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,305
  • k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,305
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,307
  • k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,307
Nice rig haggis :cool:

Could you make a side shot, so I could see how the geometry looks with a Fox 100mm fork? What size is the Kilauea - 19"?

cheers
therapy

Ring

Whats the front ring teeth No? Also don't you find U drop off the chain a lot without a bash guard? I always put a bash on as I find the chain tends to fly off on the rough stuff!

therapy":2bhuo1cj said:
Could you make a side shot, so I could see how the geometry looks with a Fox 100mm fork? What size is the Kilauea - 19"?
And while you're at it, could you give me a bottom bracket to saddle rail measurement? I'm riding a 20" Kilauea and I'm wondering if my next one should be a 19".

Back