GT RTS 1, chromo rear with no serial number - update 12/3/09

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Got this off the bay, been resprayed yellow, actually good quality. has no serial, although been stamped 18, to indicate size. had XTR bb and headset, and the rest XT, with LX chainset, with odd length arms. im in 2 minds about selling it, might strip the paint back to bare metal and polish. but i do have a buyer lined up if i sell (start consulting the oracle letmetalktomark)

Attachments

• 5440_1.jpg
    5440_1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 4,747
hmm

needs a bit of work, I would strip it and pollish it. But it's a bit of work, u seem a bit tired of it already so I'd say sell it, and get something else? but it could be a nice bike but it needs some work.

i was only after a few of the bits off this, but never seena chromo rear triangled RTs in the flesh, so might be a long term thing to build up, can never get tired of RTS's although one of my other ones is on the bay

hmm

I think I can get hold of one in purple? could be a 93 or so with stx?, the guy who owns it had somekind of brain injury and well can't use it. But I remember that it might have the cr-mo back...

well yours is probarly an 93 RTS-1 or 2 they had True Temper rear swings, and the one I'm thinking of in purple could and is the rts-3

Attachments

• rts.jpg
    rts.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 4,711
well ive just stripped it using nitromors, pics to follow, only the front triangle, still some work to do, all looks fine under the paint

good luck

I just took some paint remover on my avalanche, 600wet paper and then autosol. Should have use some clearcoat but a quick buff every 3weeks or so does the trick...

Right got round to chuck some bits on this, havent totally finished stripping the paint, but looks good with the bits i have added, the skinwalls are a tioga psycho rear, and Specialized ground control folding front, and mainly DX componentry

Attachments

• IMG_0037 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0037 [1024x768].JPG
    203 KB · Views: 4,159
Back