Fillet Brazed Steel meets Amp

Spacely Sprockets

Retro Newbie
Hi all. This is my first post, though I've been lurking here for a while now: Nice board! Hope you don't take umbrage at Uhhmerican participation ;).

Here's my #1 vintage ride - a '93 custom from Jeff Richman (my cousin). I described my riding preferences and spec'd the components, and Jeff took it from there after measuring everything from my arm length to my shoe size. Other than the NOS tires and front and rear pivot rebuild, everything is original and still going strong.

JR020sm.jpg

JR017sm.jpg

JR095sm.jpg

JR033sm.jpg

JR056sm.jpg

JR060sm.jpg

JR003sm.jpg

Frame and stem: Fillet-brazed Reynolds 653 with oval top-tube, bead-blasted and clear powder-coated
Amp rear section and shock
Fork: Amp w/CrMo blades
Rims: Mavic 230
Hubs: White Industries
Quick Release: Salsa Flip-Offs
Tires: NOS Specialized Team Master & Control S
Pedals: Bebop
Crank: Kooka w/Ti bolts
Rear Cogs: XT 8-sp
Bottom Bracket: White Industries Ti
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: XT
Shifters: Gripshift
Cable: Gore RideOn
Handlebars: Richey ProLite
Bar ends: Bontrager Titec Magnesium
Headset: Chris King
Brakes: Marinovative Cheap Trick
Brake levers: Kooka Rachas V-brake
Rear brake brace: Richman CrMo
Saddle: Bontrager Ti rail
Seat Post: Ringle' Moby
Size: 17"
Weight: Around 21 Lbs.
Place of Origin: Santa Rosa, California

what an intro to the site and all i can say is wow wow wowowowowow thats one of the nicest bikes i have ever seen in my life you are one lucky bar steward :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: beans that man :cool: :cool: :cool: beans my clock work is nothing compaired to that its just wow :shock: :shock: :cool: :cool:

i have to agree that is a very nicely designed and built bike! and i also have to ask about the welds.

That's fillet brazing not welding.

Love the way he's laquered over the bare steel, looks really neat ;)

Chris.

Custom frameset

That looks fantastic.Not enough brazed stuff around.Heavier than a weld but looks so good in comparison to a welded frame.And leaving the joints bare is a masterstroke of genius.I bet most people who see it are very curious about the construction. :D :D

Welcome to our wonderful retro world chap...

:cool: Pretty bike, Very pretty ;) love fillet brazed frames, as has been said, not enough around, craftsmanship, this is what is sooo lacking in modern frames... ;) keep up the good work fella... cant wait to see what else you have to show us.. ;)

That has to be one of the best bikes on this site. My Dave Lloyd is also fillet brazing i love the way the tubes flow into each other. I also have a Amp B4, so you almost have my two bikes combined. you are a lucky boy :D

Trying to find the words to describe that work of art is hard, just have
to say it's absolutely stunning :cool:

Possible BOTM ?

Back