Rocky mountain Team Comp???

Crayons

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Retro-1991-Rocky- ... 240%3A1318

I'm not 100% sure this is a Team Comp frame, though it's almost certainly an early '90s Rocky.

The cable guides on my Team Comp are on the top tube, about 2" back from the head tube, not on the side of the head tube as seen on this one. But then mine's 18.5" not 17" frame so perhaps they were moved depending on the frame size?

The headtube mounted cable guides point to a '91 frame, but the Ritchey dropouts are the same as mine which suggests '92 – 'tis a mystery indeed. Fairly sure the Team Comp is a '92 only bike. Shame this has been resprayed as that would've helped clarify.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ask him for the frame number, perhaps that'd clear things up?

Why do people put the new Rocky logo stickers on old frames? :twisted:
(Because you can buy them cheap on ebay I suppose :roll: )

Not sure what it is, and frame nos from early Rockies weren't exactly encyclopedic.

Tempted to go for a punt and find out later. Give me something to stick the syncros powerlites/stem/bars/post etc on at last..

The seller says "I bought it as a 91 frame and have only been able to find very limited information. Rocky Mountain don't keep frame numbers from that time so they were unable to verify, it is only through the fact that it has a Ritchey rear end which I am lead to believe was only available on 91 models. It is also my understanding that the team comp was the only one to have the Ritchey tubed rear end."

I'm not so concerned about the 91 or 92 issue as what model it is. Despite what he says, both the Altitude and the Hammer were made of Ritchey Logic in 91, but it doesn’t look like either.

He also says "Seat tube is 17" c-t, top tube is 21" c-c along the tube." i.e., it's a size 17 the way RMB count it, but the top tube is very short - that's shorter than a size 16 Kona, so it's quite a small frame.

gump":3ut1r740 said:
thinking maybe a 91 equipe?
But it doesn't look like Tange Prestige Concept from the photos, and it hasn't got a triangular cut-out in the dropouts either. i.e., I think that's another way of saying I don't think the 91 Equipe had Ritchey dropouts.

It doesn't really look quite like any of the bikes in the catalogues, and the Team Comp didn't appear in the catalogues, so maybe it is what he thinks it is. Stranger things have happened.

Far too small for you anyway.

Anthony":2bgq15np said:
He also says "Seat tube is 17" c-t, top tube is 21" c-c along the tube." i.e., it's a size 17 the way RMB count it, but the top tube is very short - that's shorter than a size 16 Kona, so it's quite a small frame.

That's because it needs a 150 mm + stem ;)

yep, have the 150mm stem ready ;)

I have lost the 91 equipe pic I had, so was from memory.
Doesn't look like an Altitude. Obviously not a Blizzard. No idea.

Latest posts

Back