lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
taking inspiration from mazdaman i am embarking on my very own low budget project. the budget is £75, the aim is to create a reasonable cross country machine. to be honest i already have most of the parts left over from the kona (nearly)build so it wont be that great an achievement!

the frame was rescued fron the bottom of my mate's garden. not really sure if he knows i have it but he hasnt noticed its gone so no worries there then! i'll show him it when its done and he'll probably want it back.

it is a 93 karakoram (thanks for the hints pickle) and it came with a rigid fork, kolo titanium bars, grip shifs (on the way to mazdaman) and modern avid v brakes.

i have just picked up the forks for £50 off the forum, the bar ends are a nostalgia trip for me so they are staying(£12) and i had to put a new bottom bracket in (£10). cost so far...£72!!

i'm sure i have enough parts to build it. i can sell a few of the parts off it (rigid fork, brakes) to put some funds in the pot!

167pf8w.jpg

33cum4l.jpg

sorry for the terrible pics.

chainset is a modernish lx which i had in stock. xt rear mech (stock) xt front came with the frame. rear wheel is a goldtech red ano hub and mavic 117 from stock, front is also from the parts bin.

the left hand crank has been "modified" for want of a better word, to clear the bottom bracket(otherwise i'd have to have bought a new bottom bracket!

i'll post some better pics when i get my camera back!

Nicely done buddy! :cool:

Looks like it'll be ready in time for my Lincoln ride on the 30 November ;) No excuses! :LOL:

Budget bikes are cool :D

And another GT !! THEY ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD !! :D

and i have a 26.8mm silver seat post you can have for some good karma ;)
pm me your addy if you want it

rob
ps only because its a gt tho ;)

That's brilliant, it'd be good to have some higher-res pics when it's finished. I like that size of GT frame where the downtube and the seatstays are parallel, it just looks right.

Hey fantastic.

Hi Lewis

I am chuffed that you have been inspired. Please let me know if you need anything, i would like to repay the favour. You get so much more pleasure and satisfaction from building a bike with as little as money as possible. Its amazing what you can acheive!

Good luck and i cant wait to see the finished article.

2980317937_8585a3634c_o.jpg

this LX equipped stumpjumper cost under 80 quid to build, although we owned the wheels beforehand

Back