Freshly built Alpinestars al-mega for your opinions please.

goodas12003

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all, i bought this as a frame just a couple of weeks ago and have just finished doing a bit of a "dry build" just to see what it looks like and see it's stance. Im quite pleased with it but i intend to strip it all back and change the colour to something a little less bland. Havent seen any decal set's for it thou. Luckily the previous owner had installed some headset reducer's to take 1" 1/8 forks so that saved me some hassle. I wanted to keep it rigid and put kona p2's on but they fetch to much money so got these handsomedog fork's for £10 brand new. The seatpost is a cannondale jobbie that came with the frame and i had a new kappa saddle. I also had stx rc shifter's for the bar's and the dx rear mech. The deore hollowtech chainset also came with the frame. Got the bontrager bar's and stem at lbs and a brand new set ot Avid v-brakes and lever's, cable's etc for £20 of the bay. Shark bite pedal's finish it off. Cant make my mind up if i have left to many spacer's on the steerer but when you read bike review's, they alway's say plenty of adjustment as a good thing! as you can see, this is a budget rebuild as cant justify huge expense to the missus, (and i want a motorbike as well) but if it keep's another retro on the road then im happy. I would like to add a few more desirable bit's as and when but for now im just after some decent tyre's for it. Think amber wall's would be good. Thanks for looking, if you have any tip's or opinion's, im all ear's. Ta Dave. :D

Attachments

• alu mega 3.jpg
    alu mega 3.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 734
Back