'99 Fat Chance Ti Fat

rbrsddn

Dirt Disciple
Here's some pics of my bike
bikepics-701795-full.jpg

Yep, she's a keeper! I've had it since new. I just upgraded to XTR 9 spd. last winter. Got the Avid Arch Supremes, Ceramic rims with DT Hugi hubs, Time Atacs. New Thomson Stem and seatpost. I also have a '95 Azonic aluminum, that I'll post up after I clean the 2 year old mud off!

rbrsddn":29y0tq8o said:
Avid Arch Supremes, Ceramic rims
Makes you wonder why all the fuss about disc brakes. In the dry they're certainly all you'll need. :LOL:

I agree. Why have discs? A friend who has an IF and I are still riding hardtails, when most of our friends have gone FS. And we're still faster! :)

The old school and new school mixture works well, bet it rides great.

rbrsddn":1wexpaww said:
I agree. Why have discs?.....

My eyes! What a debate to restart :LOL:

It is a lot of fun to ride fast. We have some seriously technical riding here in Ct., which this bike was designed for. I've never been on a bicycle site before, but have a newer Triumph, and the debates over which tyre to use or what oil to use become comical! I imagine it's the same over here. :roll:

PS I definitely think discs have their place. If I lived in the Pacific Northwest, like Oregon or Washington, (Or England) where it is a lot more wet, I'd propably have them. Maybe when I build a new bike...

i run thumbies and 8 speed with disks... a combination that works in the british conditions. 9 speed is great in the dry, but when is it dry here?

Latest posts

Back