Work in progress - Sunn Exact 99 columbus

bduc61

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know we do not see many sunns on this forum as not that many have crossed the channel ;)

A "european" sourced bike
frame and brakes from England
stem from Portugal
seatpost and rear mech from Germany
bits and pieces from Switzerland
rest from France!

got ultimate matching red brake levers but dont have the trigger xtr to mount them :(

bduc61":29ippn5w said:
I know we do not see many sunns on this forum as not that many have crossed the channel ;)
Well this one seems to have crossed the channel twice!

It's certainly a handsome frame, and I think it's good to pick up the red and black in some of the parts, but did you consider picking up the white anywhere? Maybe a white saddle, or Marathon forks?

And as I have two Columbus-framed Konas, I can't resist asking what grade of Columbus tubes is it made of?

Very nice!

I have the disc version of the same frame from 1999. now built up again but with an is disc mount instead of the formula that it came with. Just had new white powdercoat too.

I will post a pic one day,i am waiting for one of my mates to show me how! :shock: :oops: :? :roll:

Cheers,Al

As far as I know it is

Columbus Némo NivaChrome ;)

about 1.7 kg for the frame ( maybe a touch less :?: )

Sunns

My LBS used to stock the full Sunn range including a Ti soft tail, they just couldn't sell them, why I'll never know, at the same time Kleins, Treks and Kona's flew out the door. These were lighter and far better built. Still rare!

Back