BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
ritchey1800.jpg

ritchey2800h.jpg

Go here for the story: http://www.oldmountainbikes.com/cgi-bin ... e=GY828212

Two weeks ago I went out to Belgium to collect the frame and some more stuff with a friend (the original owner). Lucky me also had a perfectly working bike with me, my '88 Koga ValleyRunner, so I made a few bike rides. Here I am on a steep climb in the 'E19 bergen':

ikopValleyRunner720h.jpg

Preparing for a ride:
ritchey3720.jpg

The fancy Element isn't mine.

That Ritchey looks trashed...what are your plans for it? Full restore or hang on a wall?

It is a nice piece for on the wall. Think it will be a hassle to restore the piece.

Both seattube and rear end damaged by removing seized Syncros Ti seatpost that was urgently needed by the original owner.

Hi THWANG,

The story is the frame is weld up in no time solely for the trainingpurposes of a teammember.

So far the origins of the frame has been questioned -by people I consider competent in judging that- and with that of course the whole story.

Currently the frame is doing a excellent job as decoration for where we keep the wood for the fireplace. Great piece.

- Melvin

I was originally gutted to see a snapped Ritchey, but like you mention it might not be real. The seatclamp/seat stay arrangement don't look right for starters. I do like the idea of having it above the fireplace though. :cool:

The frame is damaged by Ti Syncros removal by a chainsaw or something :roll:

Back