My Fuquay is back.....

stu

jammy git
Hello everyone,

Had a day off today and picked up the Fuquay from the powder coaters, I think it looks pretty sharp :cool:

The headset is in, the Gumbo Forks are fitted and the seatclamp is now in place....to store the bike I've also fitted the wheels in, black Shimano Deore LX 7 speed hubs with Mavic M231 rims, shod with Specialized Umma Gumma tyres and silver Hope skewers, just waiting for the bottom bracket and handlebar to arrive then I can finish her off :D

stu

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

Looks sweet as a nut. Was that Jezzas old frame? Are you able to get hold of decals?

Hi John,

Yep, it's Jezzas old frame.....scrubbed up pretty well!

The decals should be pretty easy to sort, usually die-cut vinyl, I may keep it low-key with just downtube logos and a headtube logo.....oh and an armadillo on each top tube :D

Spec is gonna be a mish-mash of stuff I have lying around in the workshop and bits I've bought in.....

Stu

Hello everyone,

Nearly there with the build, the Middleburns didn't look right so I've saved them for my Alpinestars (not sure about the purple chainring either but it was the only good nick one I had spare!), the build is workhorse like but useable, just gotta finish putting the brakes, chain and cables on her :D

Spec is as follows:-

Headset: Shimano Deore XT Cartridge
Stem: Fuquay Custom
Bars: Titec Enduro XC Flat
Seatpost: USE SSP (uprated guts)
Saddle: Bontrager CroMo
Grips: Cassano
Shifters: Shimano Deore XT Thumbshifters
Brake Levers: Caramba Voracious
Brakes: Avid Arch Supremes
Front Mech: Shimano Exage ES
Rear Mech: Shimano Deore LX (Stripped & Polished)
Chain: Sram PC58
Cassette: Shimano 7 Speed 12-28
Hubs: Shimano Deore LX (Black)
Rims: Mavic M231 Silver
Tyres: Specialized Umma Gumma (can't remember the models!)
Q/R's: Original Hopes
Cranks: Shimano Deore LX STD Drive
Chainrings: TA custom anodised large, Shimano middle & inner
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN52 122.5mm (I think)
Smattering of Lynx Racing and Venhill alu & ti bolts

Even with this build she is still light, looking forward to getting her dirty!!!

Parts will get swapped out for more high-zoot items as they wear out, all in all she came in at under 200 quid which I don't think is too bad....

Stu

DSC00487.jpg

Back