Frankenshite SS gets a make over- UPDATE PICS

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Some of you will remember my cobbled together hack built from a 92 Diamond Back frame. Well its had another make over. Out goes the vintage metallic brown and in comes something a little brighter to get us through the grey winter months.
A quick re-cap on the frame for those that did not see it first time round. I started by removing all the bosses and the canti hanger, welded up the bottle mounts, removed the rack eyelets and smoothed out the welds.
Its still going to be single speed but has gained a few nice parts to match its new paint. P2's are out in favour of a mint pair of Tange switchblades and the Avid V brakes have been ditched in favour of some NOS Onza Hola's. A XT crank with a Forge chainring has replaced the tatty originals. I'm going to try using a half link to get the chain tension instead of a tensioner to clean up the lines a little. Uncle jez has supplied a nice pair of Real levers and a a matching stem and bar combo will finish off the front end.
I still need a seatpost and some wheels to finish off and get back out on the trails.

Decals are made up from all the left overs in my tool box (in true Frankenbike style)- see how many you can spot :LOL:

Hope you like it!

2966766938_5da10b4c50.jpg

2966766942_a85cf7c751.jpg

2966766944_f7da169e96.jpg

Haha thats brilliant! Loving the paintjob and great idea with the decals! can spot some funk and fat chance decals in there but scratching my head on the rest! :cool:

that sounds like a cool build. i really liked the original too. the decals look awesome - great idea chief

Fenton":3vdw8l8c said:
Haha thats brilliant! Loving the paintjob and great idea with the decals! can spot some funk and fat chance decals in there but scratching my head on the rest! :cool:

Is that a Klein K???

Well cool Si :cool:

More....

2965936793_b7863e1ed4.jpg

2965936801_d876eca3fa.jpg

Decals do include FAT and Funk, the others are EASTON and Concorde. Problem is I don't have enough left for the other side! :LOL:

I'm lovin that... it's a shame you didn't get horrizontal dropouts put on it.

It's almost tempting me to get the Explosif resprayed and do something funky :twisted:

Oh, that is the coolest paintjob I have seen in a very, very long time. On anything.

The only thing I can think of like it (and equally cool) were Fanatic windsurfing boards around 1986-1989.

I absolutely love it. Great job!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

you caould have had my switch blades for £85 posted dr :cool: :cool: so it was you bidding on ebay us i thought i reconised the the ebay name that bike looks so sweet matey its just the nutts :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: than :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Looks ace :cool:

Have a look at the half link chains at charlie the bikemongers shop, I just put one on mine and it looks loads better than a normal SS one.

I used this one and it finishes it off a treat

DSC00530.jpg

that looks too cool for school mate!! ex biker why the half link and a tensioner surely one negates the need for the other?

Back