1990 GT Zaskar - Finished 13/11

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I decided that after recently buying the Zaskar of my dreams, I needed another one! So, I found this sorry looking one on Ebay with 4 hours to go, bid and won :cool:

I thought it was a 1992, but it turns out to be a September 1990 :shock:

So, here it is at the beginning. Literally, unwrapped and photographed.

First off, I will be changing the forks. I have 2 sets of Indys available, and will probably plump for the SL's (new stickers and top cap on their way).

Drivetrain is a mash of LX, DX and SACHS. I'll keep what works, but definately ditching the twist shift for something else!

Then, to find a new saddle, seatpost and stem. The saddle is ubber retro GT, but not for me and will be For Sale along with the stem shortly.

Then, Autosol, Brasso, new tyres and we're done. How quickly though, I dont know..........a week maybe ;)

Attachments

• DSCN1709.JPG
    DSCN1709.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,698
See what was all the worry about?? :D

Confused with the forks ..... Are the SL`s available?

daj":2qvdw405 said:
Confused with the forks ..... Are the SL`s available?

Yea, they are the yellow ones in the above pic. Just waiting for a new top cap and decals to arrive.

daj":1dpkq22z said:
got ya ... Judy sl keeping ..Indy Sl for sale!! :D

Judy?

The Zaskar is wearing RST's at the moment, which are coming off.

I have 2 pairs of Indys; C Long Travel and SL's. So, am putting on the SL's :D

Mate I have got to stop licking my fingers after sorting dads morphine out!! :LOL: :LOL:

it's gonna be nice, Pickle :cool: what are the U-brake things like? never used one before, might be soon i hope :cool: :cool: :cool: is it better/worse than cantis? if i don't like it do i have options? i guess the studs are in the wrong place for cantis to fit :?

dirtjumper_dmr":3qwycr7v said:
what are the U-brake things like? never used one before, might be soon i hope :cool: :cool: :cool: is it better/worse than cantis? if i don't like it do i have options? i guess the studs are in the wrong place for cantis to fit :?

Seem ok to me, quite similar to cantis in feel. I dont think you'd be able to run cantis as there isnt a canti guide, only the cable guide round the seat tube. Should be able to run V's or Maguras though.

Back