Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:53 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:58 pm 
Retro Guru

The brake rotors are interesting. Are they original with the bike or recent Hope technology 'floating' rotors?

I remember BiTD...When browsing through the bike mags, I always paused on the Corratec ad's to marvel at their beauty. Sometimes for aegs! They were so innovative at the time and colorful too. I wanted the tyres so badly!

Great bike. Keep it in good condition. It might make you rich one day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:24 pm 
Retro Guru

mikesnowdon wrote:
The brake rotors are interesting. Are they original with the bike or recent Hope technology 'floating' rotors?

I remember BiTD...When browsing through the bike mags, I always paused on the Corratec ad's to marvel at their beauty. Sometimes for aegs! They were so innovative at the time and colorful too. I wanted the tyres so badly!

brakes / discs / rotors and the entire bike is as original as it left the factory in 1997 :wink:

will keep the bike def. in that condition, but I dont know if it will make me rich some day :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:39 pm 
Retro Guru

magas wrote:
mikesnowdon wrote:

brakes / discs / rotors and the entire bike is as original as it left the factory in 1997 :wink:

will keep the bike def. in that condition, but I dont know if it will make me rich some day :)

Hi.

Do the rotors float like the Hope ones? They look almost identical! (Did Hope copy them?) :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:29 pm 
Retro Guru

discs are FORMULA and the front setup is floating (ref. to the instruction manual, which was supplied with the new bike)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:57 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Very nice bike I always found these Coratec.

And first thought was J.E. Ostergard with that tipical 90's helmets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:00 pm 
Dirt Disciple

This bike is sooooo cool ! I can remember that I had a brochure where this Team Bow was shown with Spinergy Rev X carbon wheels: ubercool !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:51 pm 
Retro Guru

wow, that is beautiful, i remember those bikes (a little from back in the day) and think that your set up is really really cool. I like the unique bars too haha, never thought of running risers as a drop !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:29 pm 
Dirt Disciple

did andy warhol take a large amount of hallucinogenics and go into an artistic rage... just kidding mate.. it looks like a piece of art and i'd love to own summat as fantabulous as that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:50 am 
Retro Guru

Gorgeous bike does it ride as good as it looks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:06 pm 
Retro Guru

thanks guys, for your positive feedback :D

how does it drive; yes, erm, to be honest I cant remember well, as its almost 10 years ago when I rode it the last time :oops:
but what I remember was that the ride was very stiff due to the none butted tubes and the small triangles of the frame. Brakes where outstanding compared to cantis I used on my other bike BITD.

The Team Bow will be def. not a rider, as I want to keep it in that condition as it is yet. try to get parts for that bike will be very difficult - tyres f.e. :shock:

But, currently I'm finishing another Corratec (1997 Race Bow). It has the same geometry/size as the Team Bow, but with a steel frame & canti studs. That bike will have mostly easy to replace parts and I will drive it fure sure. Will report how it drives.

Watch the forum for pics. of it :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next