Feedback
View
Just picked this up tonite from Wimbledon and gave it a clean.. Wow :twisted:

2959428650_ed22b2d9b5_b_d.jpg

2958583029_0576c56ba2_d.jpg
2958583983_634381aac6_d.jpg

Have a great set of VVVGC '96 Judy SLs on their way :cool:

..and now I've got some nice Blingle on its way from Billinjah :D

Yes, I will admit to a touch of avarice on this purchase.. The embarassing [?] thing is that all my Fats [3] are the same colour :p

Wow, some kind of reason I like these fullsuspensions.....

Looking forward to see the bike build up.

Martin":1980mzue said:

Yeah I'm interested to see how it rides, it's essentially a single pivot design..

kingroon":njpnldt1 said:
Martin":njpnldt1 said:

Yeah I'm interested to see how it rides, it's essentially a single pivot design..

they ride a sh,t load better than the AMP back ends thats for certain :LOL:
wow, that looks waaay better condition than it did on the ebay pics, no wonder you're stoked ;)
always surprises me how many people didnt know about this bike. certainly the flexier, pi$$ poor alignment, cr@p shock, prone to cracking AMP back end SABs are considerably better known, but nowhere near the quality as this later SAB. webby knows the history & knowledge of these better than most. his was used by FAT in some US bike show BITD. the poor quality of the AMP back ends are what prompted the all FAT built steel models, & these were actually built by FAT & not serrotta, same as the Big One Inch fork.
these all steel SABs are actually rarer than the 10th anniversarys, IE less made, yet they dont command anything like the value of the 10ths.
I'm not going to start the riders Vs garage queen debate again. BUT, if you intend on riding it junk the shock & get something modern. best of both worlds then, retro rig that actually rides well ;) you can get FOX RP3 available to fit & it really livens up the ride. using all the grease nipples also helps!
I'd never class it as a single pivot b.t.w. the rocker arm does affect the rate of the shock ever so slightly, it feels more like a good linkage than any single pivot (& I'm normally a single pivot fan)

to answer an early question, darren tapp sold all his bikes many years ago, I know as I missed the sale by about a week :roll:
he used to hammer the cr@p outta his bikes & going by the superb condition of this 1 I'd hazard a guess this isnt 1 of his.
its cool tho :D

Picked up the Judys from the PO this morning :cool:

2970908697_a13d60e002_b_d.jpg

2970947057_abe2d0f151_b_d.jpg

What look am I going for? ➡️

2970956309_a1771a2199_o_d.jpg

Back