Retro Newbie
an almost all original 1990 Lava Dome :cool:

IMG_0767.jpg

The only non-original parts are:
saddle
pedals
rims
tyres
seat post is original but has had the paint stripped as it was knackered!

Goes like stink and I'm very happy :D

Very nice, M231 rims by any chance ;)

I had one new in 1990, was in red and with the same Suntour X1 Xpress, a top retro ride that is hard to beat.

Handsome, as white Konas go, that's a proper one.

If it was mine, I think I'd paint the post black again, but apart from that it looks great. Including the saddle, that definitely looks better than those fat old things they had in 1990.

Incidentally, in my files I have photos of 1990 Lava Domes in yellow, white and two different shades of red, all with the same splatter/decal effects. The only one I haven't got is the orange colour that was shown in the brochure.

Anthony":3rryg6rm said:
If it was mine, I think I'd paint the post black again, but apart from that it looks great. Including the saddle, that definitely looks better than those fat old things they had in 1990.

I think you're right, that's next on the agenda, it needed to be stripped first though as it was in a terrible state. Yeah those Avocet saddles are a style free zone on such a sleek looking bike!

Flasher":3jz8fni1 said:
Anthony":3jz8fni1 said:

I think you're right, that's next on the agenda, it needed to be stripped first though as it was in a terrible state. Yeah those Avocet saddles are a style free zone on such a sleek looking bike!

Well I didn't hang about, found a replacement Kalloy 26.6 black post from the US on ebay $32 all up :cool:

Back