Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:59 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:39 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

shame, shame, shame :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:43 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

kaiser wrote:
Alas project stumpjumper is no more :( I've decided to break it and the frames been put in the cupboard for a possible reinacarnation at a later date. It suffered from a few snags and the ride wasn't all that great if I'm honest. Also something about the build never really sat right, maybe to fussy for a stumpy, who knows. Whatever happens next it will be built more as a rider than a looker.

cool.

regarding your sig, would you have any use for an american classic purple bottle holder from bitd?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:30 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
kaiser wrote:
Alas project stumpjumper is no more :( I've decided to break it and the frames been put in the cupboard for a possible reinacarnation at a later date. It suffered from a few snags and the ride wasn't all that great if I'm honest. Also something about the build never really sat right, maybe to fussy for a stumpy, who knows. Whatever happens next it will be built more as a rider than a looker.

cool.

regarding your sig, would you have any use for an american classic purple bottle holder from bitd?

I shall say at the moment no, I'm trying really hard to stop with the random purchases and stick to finishing 4(???) builds I have in the works. It is futile but it shall persevere :twisted: :lol: the AC skewer is because I've got a seat bolt and a rear but thought I would try the longshot for a front.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:36 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

kaiser wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
kaiser wrote:

cool.

I shall say at the moment no, I'm trying really hard to stop with the random purchases and stick to finishing 4(???) builds I have in the works. It is futile but it shall persevere :twisted: :lol: the AC skewer is because I've got a seat bolt and a rear but thought I would try the longshot for a front.

ah, yes, many have tried and failed, this thing you are attempting, but best of luck :wink:

I'll be trying the same this summer :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:36 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I'm taking this off Klaus's hands now....

Won't be doing anything nearly this nice with it. Everything off the fatigued Dynatech that will fit will be going on it. And for now an old LX front mech and blue USE seatpost to cover the bits that don't.....

Been after a steel stumpy for years......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:44 pm 

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
kaiser wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
kaiser wrote:

cool.

ah, yes, many have tried and failed, this thing you are attempting, but best of luck :wink:

ha ha funny reading this- ask kaiser how many bikes he has now :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

dbmtb wrote:
I'm taking this off Klaus's hands now....

Won't be doing anything nearly this nice with it. Everything off the fatigued Dynatech that will fit will be going on it. And for now an old LX front mech and blue USE seatpost to cover the bits that don't.....

Been after a steel stumpy for years......

probably how it should have been built in the first place. :) its with some regret that it going but hey ho :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:48 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

clockworkgazz wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
kaiser wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
kaiser wrote:

cool.

ha ha funny reading this- ask kaiser how many bikes he has now :lol: :lol:

why I aughta (shaky fist emoticon) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:28 am 
Retro Guru

Stunning Kaiser! Very clean and sharp looking, as IWGO said 'look fast'

I have a virtually NOS silver syncros post that would look great on there..27.2 if you're interested?

Cheers,

Chaser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:25 am 
98+ BoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner

I should post on here more often, so here goes..

WOW! that is lovely 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next