Bryn's Orange Vitamin-T

Bike Hoarder

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I'm putting this up on behalf of a fellow rider and 'Associate', i know he browses on here from time to time. Bryn, hurry up and get a log in!! :LOL:

So here it is;

Attachments

• Critical Racing brakes.jpg
    Critical Racing brakes.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,861
  • Topline cranks.jpg
    Topline cranks.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 1,861
  • Orange Vitamin T_01.jpg
    Orange Vitamin T_01.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,861
What a horrible bike!

Tell him I'll give him £40 to take it off his hands and save him the embarrassment of being seen on it. :D

:cool:

Fantastic bike, very jealous, but for my taste too many colours, hate the stem and surely such a great frame at least deserves matching tyres?

My Vit-T

Hello, I'm the owner of the bike above, which I've had since new. Thanks for your comments and here's some explanations.

Reason for the colour overload is that parts came free or very cheap. Brakes were free. Cranks were at dealer cost. Original frame stickers were faded and the nice people at Orange sent me a selection of new ones for nothing.

I agree, the stem is hideous but I'm getting on in years and old motorcycle crash injuries mean that the 0 degree Control Tech stem, which I still have, is too uncomfortable for my back. Suppose I could try to find something more apropriate but it works and it was cheap.

The old front tyre picked up a cut recently and was replaced by that new Conti. Very light, very grippy, rolls well and because I used to work at the importer's, was very cheap. Are you detecting a theme yet?

I have a set of period Manitous that used to be fitted but since this bike is mostly used on forestry fire roads and farm tracks the original rigid forks work just fine.

Bikes with history are cool...

Orange Vitimin T's are cool...

Hmmm, nuff said.. now please box it up and post it to me...! :D

My first expensive bike was a VitT,really nice to see it on here mate,remember those forks that came with them too,changed to Pace RC35's BITD but was a really nice light responsive bike to ride,love it. :cool:

a very silly stupid question but dont vit t's have a wisbone rear end?

apologies iff im been thick! :D

Back