Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:09 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: M2 Stumpy 1998
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:36 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 1439
Location: OZ
I bought this puppy recently from Fleabay OZ for the princely sum of $265AU (about 100 quid at the time)

Looks like it has been riden less than 100k's- came with slicks fitted and a full set of reflectors and spoke protector :roll:

Has cleaned up nicely, and with just a change of stem and tyres (Porcs 2) makes a great fast XC ride...... :D


Last edited by fatfixie on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: M2 Stumpy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:27 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 9939
Location: ÜberUnderbidder
fatfixie wrote:
Image


here you go :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:15 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 1439
Location: OZ
Ta :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:23 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 1439
Location: OZ
Oh- there is a steel Stumpy on the way as well...... :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:46 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 9939
Location: ÜberUnderbidder
fatfixie wrote:
Oh- there is a steel Stumpy on the way as well...... :D


I love stumpys, both steel and metal matrix...and even A1 alloy (I have one of each) :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:55 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
Damn it.......I think I need one of these :oops:

Very nice, I like it a lot 8) Proper XC machine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:04 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 9939
Location: ÜberUnderbidder
Pickle wrote:
Damn it.......I think I need one of these :oops:

Very nice, I like it a lot 8) Proper XC machine.


:o :o :o

but I agree, everyone should try a stumpy at least once in their life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 am 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
Pickle wrote:
Damn it.......I think I need one of these :oops:

Very nice, I like it a lot 8) Proper XC machine.


:o :o :o

but I agree, everyone should try a stumpy at least once in their life.


I had a Stumpy many moons ago, when I raced for the Pro-Circuit team. I had one sprayed in their colours, with their own suspension forks (identical to Manitou 1's), their chainrings and hubs, DX and XT. It was a BOOOTIFUL bike......guttttttttted I sold it now :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:51 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 9939
Location: ÜberUnderbidder
Pickle wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
Pickle wrote:
Damn it.......I think I need one of these :oops:

Very nice, I like it a lot 8) Proper XC machine.


:o :o :o

but I agree, everyone should try a stumpy at least once in their life.


I had a Stumpy many moons ago, when I raced for the Pro-Circuit team. I had one sprayed in their colours, with their own suspension forks (identical to Manitou 1's), their chainrings and hubs, DX and XT. It was a BOOOTIFUL bike......guttttttttted I sold it now :cry:


Oh! That sounds nice...except for the selling part. I, too, have a sold stumpjumper that I wish I hadn't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 pm
Posts: 736
Location: Edinburgh
Any pictures of the gusset under the top tube?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 27motorhead, andyz, reanimation and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group