My first build and i got the bike for free, now i need help!

mazdaman1980

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all

Believe it or not Mrkawasaki was kind enough to gift me a Proflex 353 and as promised to him (as well as much karma) i have decided to do a public build up of the bike. I have to explain that i dont have much money, despite how hard i work but i enjoy biking and i will never stop despite this!

I would like as much help as possible so i would like to get everyones advice on this build and if you think you have a part that would sit right with this build then i would love to hear from you. Even better if you have any parts you would like to donate then they would be very well recieved also. I will listen to all advice and thoughts and will likely need some help along the way but i hope i can show you an end product worth writing great things about!

Adam

th_Proflex1.jpg

th_Proflex2.jpg

Well lets make this a retrobike credit cruncher!

I'm willing to donate the following and hopefully others RB'ers will follow suit and help too.

1 x Ritchey Forcelite bars (V.good condition)
1 x Ritchey comp bar ends (NOS)
1 x Deore LX front mech (I have a few please let me know what diameter and pull type you require)
1 x pair of STX canti's c/w pads (NOS but no wires)

If your going down the thumbshifter route i'll throw in some brake levers too.

Let me know what front mech you need and I should be able to post out to you next week some time. No charge but it will be 2nd class.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Sinnett, are you kidding, thats amazing mate! I will have to return the favour, or buy you a massive beer!!!!!!

No problem at all. If you don't mind i'll post a link on the chat forum asking other members to follow M. K's lead and donate some bits. Perhaps you could post a spec sheet and fill in the missing parts as you get them. Most of us have parts knocking about that don't have a home, at least now they can be put to use.

Wow

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really dont know what to say, you guys are amazing. I have told so many friends about this site and have really enjoyed visiting every day and getting to know people. It just goes to show that there are really some genuine nice people out there with hearts of gold, i just am so grateful!

A big thank you!

8-speed HG cassette any good? Let me know and I will pop one in the post.

Also some clear Porcipaw grips - they were given to me by a RB'er for a favour I did, only seems right they find a home.

In fact, if you paid the postage (no more than £8 ) I could maybe do a back wheel (XT parallax with mavic something rim), not sure how long it would last off-road, but you never know...

Back