retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
This is why.....

Now this is one of the coolest pictures of one of the coolest bikes I remember seeing in MBUK back in the day, just the fact it was a Zinn was enough but the white onza porcs just topped it, they were a statement piece on thier own, so much so that a set of them came to me for my birthday to fit to my proflex 550 :cool: they were mint as f***, weeks later after a bit of saving up I added the magura hydrostop brakes too, It was obvious the Jo burt Zinn had really affected my add on choices but alas I could never afford a Zinn so it was just the maguras, white porcs and a cut out of the Zinn on the wall for me....

IMG-20201124-213726.jpg

This is how.....

I can't afford a Zinn 753, not many of us can, especially at the moment. just seen an original with its campagnolo kit advertised for £1500 and it was snapped up, so I have picked up this 531 Centaur frameset for a lot less as a basis for Project Flowers, Yes I know this is a lesser grade of reynolds but once it has its new coat I dont think anyone will give a blinkin flip. I remember seeing this particular frame at Iconoclassic a few years ago and it was covered in campagnolo and it was nice :cool: so it seems a bit of a shame to be doing away with the lovely green paint but it does have some defects to the decals under the clearcoat so I can happily justify a repaint.

Starting basis -

Frame; Reynolds 531
Fork; Reynolds 753 segmented
Stem; Reynolds 531

I am looking forward to this build adventure :D

IMG-20201124-103109.jpg

More to add as and when I can..

Re: Zinniness ...... lets build the dream

Pulling up a chair.... :xmas-cool:

:cool: nice, though i quite like the green.

Great how you have forks and stem too.

The green is a repaint and doesn’t do it for me. Looking forward to watching this progress

raidan73":2e2ro86f said:
The green is a repaint and doesn’t do it for me. Looking forward to watching this progress

I so nearly bought that frame but couldnt quite do it

Awesome! I've been waiting for someone to do this for ages, given I don't have the means to :)

I assume you've seen that Blue Lug / Fairweather have made a reissue Dart Magic which whilst obviously not 'correct' might be ever so slightly cheaper than skidding through a pair of white Porcs in 4 minutes?: https://global.bluelug.com/fairweather- ... ivory.html.

Many moons ago, either on here or STW Jo gave away a load of the flowers stickers he had left over, I remember getting some and putting them on whatever I had at the time...

Or these...

Attachments

• 5BAEC34D-AB4D-45F7-B831-55E9E564001C.jpeg
    5BAEC34D-AB4D-45F7-B831-55E9E564001C.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 1,846

I believe the Porcs are already in hand :)

raidan73":18bivs8g said:
I believe the Porcs are already in hand :)

Ok, but what about the tyres?

Anyway, better here than if I'd have bought it; it would have only ended up with DX or some disgusting cheap car-boot build.

super cool! looking forwards to seeing this take shape, also loved reading that MBUK feature back in the 90s

Back