GT STS -2 DH

bkmdano12

Retro Newbie
Have a opportunity to buy a GT STS-2 DH. I own a 97 RTS-1 but not familiar with the STS. What’s the difference between the STS and the
STS-2? Was looking for the specs to check the components to see if anything is not original. He wants $1200.00 for the bike. I know they went for 4K new. Is $1200.00 a good deal?

Attachments

• 68934481-9079-42F8-8C61-212EAF0B5003.jpeg
    68934481-9079-42F8-8C61-212EAF0B5003.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 536
Re:

None of that spec is original.M970XTR is late 2000s.The STS DH were late 90s.Im guessing here but I`d say the STS DH 2 was lower in the pecking order than an STS and would likely have an LX/XT mix with a Judy whilst the STS would have XTR/AC components and a Boxxer.They did that with the RTS and LTS issuing a 1,2 and 3 with a corresponding spec.

There was no STS - 2 DH. There were 3 models available at one time. The DH frame was different from the others. Both regular STS frames were the same but with a different model of Rock Shox coil.

STS DH
STS - 1
STS - 2

We would need to see photos and a year for the frame to get a better idea. Otherwise looking at the specs there is not a single original part left on it.

Baulz":3otz86dz said:
There was no STS - 2 DH. There were 3 models available at one time. The DH frame was different from the others. Both regular STS frames were the same but with a different model of Rock Shox coil.

STS DH
STS - 1
STS - 2

We would need to see photos and a year for the frame to get a better idea. Otherwise looking at the specs there is not a single original part left on it.
Yes,you`re spot on.The link shows the STS 2 spec.
https://www.mtbr.com/product/older-cate ... Own%20this?

Baulz":2ulvj3kt said:

STS DH
STS - 1
STS - 2

There were 4 models: you missed the 1997 GT STS, available as a kit (frame/fork/stem) trought the GT Tech Shop

Best regards

Back