Pace RC300

camokid

Old School Hero
dds043.jpg

dds044.jpg

Thought I`d build this up, I destickered it, I thought they looked tacky to be honest, probably loose the top tube sticker as well, it`s not as if you can`t tell what it is! It`s a work in progress at the moment;

Pace RC300 frame
Pace RC36 EVOIII forks
Pace RC45 stem
Answer Hyperlites
Chris King Headset
Thompson Elite post
Flite titanium
Middleburn RS2 cranks
Pace RC20 chainrings
XTR rear mech
XTR front mech
STX 8spd shifters (cos they don`t have tacky windows and the polished clamps look good!)
Hope Pro/C2 front brake, need the same for the back.

temporary wheels until I get a new set built on silver Hope hubs, might go for a Thompson post in silver, or stick with the black one and fit a pair of black Pace bars I have somewhere, but undecided as yet.

As you can probably tell, i`m not a great fan of coloured components or anodising!

You have the same colour co ordination as me!

I reckon leave the TT decal on, understated and perfect.

Beautiful bike, let me know if you ever want to sell it! :D

lovely, like wise, if it comes to selling it, let me know...Its the next logical step in my collection!

The strange thing is I`ve owned and ridden Pace bikes for so long now my round tubed Kona to my eyes looks wrong!

Nice 300 build you have there chap, I agree that the decals on the seat tube do look a little naff. I am thinking about removing mine and just having the plain carbon tube look.
When you fit your rear disk brake I found it easier to remove the hose guide from the front of the top tube and then feed the hose through the rear guide and then you can see the hose end being fed through as it appears from inside the frame.
Then stick the front hose guide back in when you are happy with the hose length.

Back