1997 Specialized Rockhopper

jimwise68

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just picked up this little beauty from a lady local to me.

1997 Rockhopper in lovely original condition. Just needed air in the tyres and a handlebar stem height increaser thingumabob removing. Rides like new, will be my new daily rider. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 800
They ride great. I've got one just like it, but I've replaced most bits on it and it's SS now. Love Team Red. Hated the brakes that came stock on it, though.

Imlach":2kvgbbuh said:
They ride great. I've got one just like it, but I've replaced most bits on it and it's SS now. Love Team Red. Hated the brakes that came stock on it, though.

:LOL: I have done nothing but fiddle with the brakes since getting it. You just cant dial them in. They work for now but the lever arms seem to take turns on which one has the most rebound. Even if you don't touch the spring adjuster!!

jimwise68":3srny90n said:
Imlach":3srny90n said:

:LOL: I have done nothing but fiddle with the brakes since getting it. You just cant dial them in. They work for now but the lever arms seem to take turns on which one has the most rebound. Even if you don't touch the spring adjuster!!

Aye, they're impossible to work with. A set of SD5 or SD7 and you're good to go. Other than those brakes it's actually pretty solid!

Happy riding :cool:

Latest posts

Back