Saturday's monsoon leads to new build

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Blowing a gale and lashing with rain yesterday afternoon. So woosed out on ride and offered a few parts up to the Proflex I accquired in the morning.Bit short of parts so had to completely strip the Rocky mountain for the moment. I like it a lot,what do you think?
In dire need of a rear mech hanger for it and a front mech but apart from that I think it will pretty much stay like this and i'll source other bits for the RM.

Attachments

• proflex 1 small.jpg
    proflex 1 small.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,561
  • proflex 2 small.jpg
    proflex 2 small.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,561
  • proflex 3 small.jpg
    proflex 3 small.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,561
Looks great :cool: , gotta say though i prefer the earlier (92-93) Proflex but only for nostalgic had one BITD reasons, the later design is probably better for riding, i think the early one had 2" of travel at best.

Full sus virgin..

She's my first full sus so didnt want one with too much travel would have been like riding a waterbed after 20 years of hardtails!

There is a company called Wheels Manufacturing or Industries, I can't remember :oops: that make loads of hangers it could be worth a look to see if there is one that fits.

Lookin good! My 856 got a bit of a re-build yesterday too as it happens :)

dsc_5207b540.jpg

Sweet ride..

Sweet ride dude, the proflex is cool too,I love older Beemers. Where abouts in Hampshire are you? I used to live in Southampton but escaped to the "big country".

icantthinkofausername":1rew13si said:
There is a company called Wheels Manufacturing or Industries, I can't remember :oops: that make loads of hangers it could be worth a look to see if there is one that fits.

BETD also

biketrek

There's a very nice man at a shop called "biketreks" who had a nos hanger on the shelf,he has a few other old Proflex bits and bobs apparently. i asked him to tell me what he has so that i can tell you lot.
I say very nice man cos he replies to e-mails even on sunday!

Back