My Fuquay

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well I think I'm about there. Sorry for crap phone camera photos. Wife's taken camera away on a girlie weekend break...

Looking to change stem, rear tyre and maybe one or two other things as time goes by. Oh yes, and that head tube is 8 1/2" long :shock: I have a 320mm steerer on board the forks!

Frame: Fuquay custom built steel, ?Ritchey tubing
Front wheel: Syncros hub
Rear wheel: Deore hub
V brakes: XTR
Forks: Pace RC35 MXCD
Saddle: Flite kevlar
Rear mech: XTR
Cassette: XTR titanium
Front tyre: Dart
Cranks: LX
Bar ends: X-lite
Gears: Gripshift SRT600 black and white
Cable outers: titanium effect

spa0480mv3.jpg

spa0482xq6.jpg

spa0481sb2.jpg

Holy cow batman! That's a real five bar you've got there :shock: .

Bet it rides nice though :cool: ........unfortunately, I would never be able to reach the pedals! :D

That looks really good Ed, always gladdens my heart to see a bike for the discerning, taller gentleman.

Bringing it to the Wobble?

yes bringing to the Wobble hopefully - yet to be ridden in anger, though pedalled up the (small) garden :D

a gate it is indeed - one of the best! Trying to get hold of Greg Fuquay to find out why the head tube is so long...

Very very Nice bike, have always liked fuquays.

What size frame is that ? , My dad is 6'2 and has an old 23" DB Axis but this looks huge, I saw a 25" saracen in the ebay watch here a couple of weeks ago.

I would need a stepladder to get on there, I bet you get a good view up there :LOL:

Actually seat tube is only around 21" - it's the head tube which makes it look huuuuuge :D

tyre?

is that a worn down Fisher Fat Trax tyre on the back?...lovely bike...I remember there being a great review of one in an old MTB Pro, actually the bike was on the front cover too come to think of it.

Back