1994 GT Ricochet with complete STX SE (special edition)

GoldenEraMTB

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
***Edit***
Saw the sticky thread regarding spec listing, and decided to make use of it, so here's a proper spec sheet:

Frame: 1994 GT Ricochet Butted Tange Cr-mo Tubes

Fork: Rock Shox Quadra 10

Headset:Diacompe Aheadset
Stem: GT Flip-Flop III
Handlebar: GT Ergo Bars (integrated bar and barend with grips)
Grips: GT Ergo Grips for bar and barend
Barends: See above

Brakes: Shimano STX Special Edition
Brake Pads: Shimano M System
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano STX Special Edition

Shifters: Shimano STX Special Edition (integrated with levers)
Front Derailleur: Shimano STX Special Edition
Rear Derailleur: Shimano STX Special Edition
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano 7 speed
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: STX Special Edition
Pedals: Wellgo

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Rims: Mavic M400
Hubs: Shimano STX Special Edition
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke (r.) and Dart (fr.)

Saddle: Trico Gel-flex
Seatpost: GT OEM unbranded
Seatpost Binder: quick release (unknown)

Weight: TBD

This is my 1994 GT Ricochet with all original parts as spec'd in 1994, (except for the seat). All period correct. Bike retailed for $700 back in 1994, and would be considered an entry level mountain bike, above the recreational bikes, but not quite Deore LX level.

The groupset is complete Shimano STX SE (special edition) with a Chromica finish(brownish Black chrome plating). This groupset was made for only one year, and was a precursor for the STX- RC group that was to come. Though being a step below Deore LX, it shared much of the same parts as the Deore LX groupset, but was designated for a lower price tier bike.

This Ricochet was a step below GT's Karokoam steel bike, with Butted Tange tubing. It also had a recessed cable route on the underside of the top tube.

The fork is a Rock Shox Quad 10. The wheelset is also STX SE hubs with Mavic M400 rims, and Panaracer Smoke and Dart tires.

The seat is a Gel seat....quite weird squishy feeling, but along with all the other parts, dated from 1994. So everything on this bike is from 1994 which is cool.

Oh, there are a few cool and original GT parts: the handle bar/bar ends/grips/stem/seatpost. It's nothing rare or special, but it's old, cool, and in great condition for being 15 years old.

Now for a few pics:

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

Pickle":36onz88n said:
Nice original example you have there ;)

I forgot to mention, the fork still works very well....well at least as good as it ever did in the first place :p

That's beautiful. I had a 1994 Talera with Quadra 10's in the same colour. Used to stand the bike next to the radiator overnight to get some travel in the forks the following day! :D

Mr. K":3ix2znr6 said:
That's beautiful. I had a 1994 Talera with Quadra 10's in the same colour. Used to stand the bike next to the radiator overnight to get some travel in the forks the following day! :D

Haha, thanks; that's not a bad idea :LOL:

My favorite parts of this bike are the color of the stx se components, and the handle bars....oh yeah, and the tires.

damn

I found a Quad 10 today at the local LBS BRAND NEW sitting in a glass cabinet!

remind me, was that the elastomer version? don't really remember...

Re: damn

captain8track":1qxep0nw said:
I found a Quad 10 today at the local LBS BRAND NEW sitting in a glass cabinet!

remind me, was that the elastomer version? don't really remember...

This is a lower end elastomer fork, but not the lowest.

ah

that's right, and then it was the Mag 10 - mag 21 and mag 21 sl ti

but it would be kind of cool of having a NOS Quad on my own wall...

lovely old "real" bike in mint condition. these are the things most people rode, not M900 Fats

Back