Mr Ox's AMP B3

MR OX

Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
So having built my FSR in less than three days work (as oppose to my usual months / years / never completed gave up) I needed something else to build so have picked this up.

I know very little about these apart from I love how they look, so will need to do some research before I got cracking would I be right thinking it's 1994?

Attachments

• P1050645.JPG
    P1050645.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 1,474
  • P1050646.JPG
    P1050646.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 1,472
  • P1050648.JPG
    P1050648.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 1,462
  • P1050647.JPG
    P1050647.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,473
Re:

It looks generally pretty good order but a bit of a mis-mash of parts, I'm assuming the frame & forks were purchased & built up using another bike.
One I've confirmed the age I'll get it stripped cleaned up & rebuilt with some more fitting parts.
Annoyingly I have a few nice bits which I think are period correct but might not be right for this :roll:

Re:

I'm actually thinking of trying to up my game on this build & produce something nearer the likes of the build quality I see here :shock: (wish me luck)
I've order some new decals from Gil, who has been awesome.
I've also ordered some Maas polish as Peachy's results speak for themselves.
I think this is a 94 or 95 so I'll probably go with 737 / 739 XT but that's as far as my planning has got.

Looking forward to seeing more of this, one of my wanted bikes and my size too :cool:

Re:

Nice B3 and welcome to the club. AMPs are addictive....just a look in my garage will attest to that.

They were predominantly sold as frames. The factory ones had Controltech finishing kit.

Anyway enjoy and I look forward to the build.

Back