Its taken a while..

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
But finally got round to posting some pics.

The Cannondale is the bike that made me find this site! Was looking into serial no.s etc and stumbled across this place.

DSC00606.jpg

I was then tempted by this Alpinstars...

DSC00704.jpg

I've managed to solve the age-old problem of which bike to ride by leaving the Cannondale in Erlangen, Germany (hence the piece of Berlin wall in the pic!) so I can use it when I'm out there on training courses.
Got to say that out of the 2 I prefer the Alpinestars, but thats probably due to the rigid forks ;)

last time i went near the berlin wall two rather large russian soldiers were gose stepping outside near the brandenburg gate.i spent half my life living next to parts of that from dannenberg to else where.had some fun doing the corridor from west germany to berlin.we got followed by the stasi(who are not very good at being subtle) all the way cos the old man was a high rank in the ew section.the checkpoint charlie we used (the newer one) made high security prision look like a play pen.had east german lot stick guns at us and had our piccies taken ect......made a great day out that did.got any more pics of the wall would be nice to see cos i could never get close to have a look.nice bikes by the way ....stick around and detsroy ya bank balance mate.....heheheh

Just thinking- it was up for @ 25 years, and it's been down @18 or so............even the Berlin Wall is retro these days.................

gibbleking":2vl05tf5 said:
last time i went near the berlin wall two rather large russian soldiers were gose stepping outside near the brandenburg gate.i spent half my life living next to parts of that from dannenberg to else where.had some fun doing the corridor from west germany to berlin.we got followed by the stasi(who are not very good at being subtle) all the way cos the old man was a high rank in the ew section.the checkpoint charlie we used (the newer one) made high security prision look like a play pen.had east german lot stick guns at us and had our piccies taken ect......made a great day out that did.got any more pics of the wall would be nice to see cos i could never get close to have a look.nice bikes by the way ....stick around and detsroy ya bank balance mate.....heheheh

Thanks for the welcome!

Erlangen is miles away from Berlin. Its about 15 miles North West of Nuremberg. Always fancied a trip to Berlin though as really interested in the history of the place.
I love spending time in Germany and have spent a lot of time working there over the last 5 years. Always found the people to be fantastic.
Not got any trips lined up now until next spring so hope my dale is still there when I get back!

Reckon the dale needs a bit o lovin, but that alpinestars is sweet :cool:

sinnett177":3ad70ark said:
Thats a tasty looking alpinestars. Whats it's spec?

Its got Deore LX front/rear mechs and shifters/levers, STX rc chainset and cantis, Mavic 217 rims with parallax hubs, marin-light stem and clubroost bars.
Not exactly sure on its year etc, but would say around 94 judging on components. It looks like its had paint at some point as I can believe it would still look this fresh!
A total bargain for £36 and many thanks again sinnett177 for giving me the heads-up on it! :D

Back