'90 Almega DX

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After much searching I have found another bike on my 'wish list'.

It's stripped and off to the frame builder to have a split in the head tube welded at the moment. Happy Melvin?

The bike is absoultely original with the single exception of the rear tyre! Full DX groupset with rapid fire shift/barke levers and exerything's in almost as new condition.

Such a good find.

Sorry about the crappy pic. I took it with my phone. Updates as I get it back together.

Attachments

• almega.JPG
    almega.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 4,164
I am sorry to hear your AlMega has a crack, but very good you sourced a bike with mint parts. In case something goes wrong with the frame you still have some decent parts left :D

Good luck restoring and show us some decent pics when done. A nice pic shouldn't be too difficult with a bike such good looking ;)

- Melvin

i love that!
two guys in my first mountain bike club got one each, when they first came out, as a 14 year old kid they looked bloodly awsome! i was happy with my ridgeback though :D

Awesome, Mike Kloser special.. They're 15.5" chainstays aren't they? Rear wheel gets to the top of the hill before the font one!

LOL

Nice bike, haven't seen one of these for years (16 ish). I wanted one but just couldn't afford it!!

Just put the finishing touches on the ol' girl so I thought i'd better preserve the moment (she won't look like this for long!)

Had the head tube repaired, I don't think that particular spot will be causing any more problems! lol (*Overly cautious repairer*).

Chucked on a new pair of Porc's, new HG91 chain, new grips & barends and a pair of SPD's I had lying around. The rest is original and practically unused.

Now for the test ride...

Attachments

• almega1.jpg
    almega1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 3,708
  • almega3.jpg
    almega3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 3,707
Back