Karakoram Kommuter

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Now finished(ish). The idea was to build a cheap off road commuter. I have a fixed road bike and wanted something else to mix it up occasionally. not expecting too many fans but give us your opinion none the less.

Not too keen on the pedestrian front end nor the skinny tyres, but it was a budget build(allegedly) and got some great ebay bargains building it. £40 posted for the hope/217/irc wheels a few 99p'ers, pedals, front mech, seatclamp, stem which is always nice.

Would like to get a lower stem, fatter tyres and upgrade to magura's at some point.

2892333709_ac27452c60_b.jpg

Cheers guys, shakedown ride today. Hope clockworkgazz and jimihendrix don't mind stopping for all my mechanicals :LOL:

awaycaboose":1jta07hp said:
Nice clean, simple build Kaiser, I like it and is that a Mary bar I see before me?

Tis indeed a set of Marys, after chatting at pollock I seemed to notice discussions about them a lot more and decided to give them a try. So far very impressed in that don't notice them comfortable way :cool:

No mechanicals today :cool: - very tidy machine and looks even better in the flesh- those hubs were v. nice too tictictictictictictictictictictic.

Kaiser,

Why do all your bikes look pristine showroom spec ?!

Go on have a mud splattered mountain bike just for once, its not hard, just do not clean it as much, be lazy, go on !!!!!!!

Between you and Gaz there cant be many good quality retro rides left in the north for the rest of us :roll:

Any how I thought you were building the stumpjumper up as your general service retro ride or is that now in a display case in your living room :D

Lovely bike Kaiser

Very nice!

Reminds me of my Tempest in the 'chuck a load of cheap and cheerfull stuff at a bike and it actually looks bloody nice' kinda way! :LOL:

Cant help but think a straight bar would look better, but thats just me :roll:

Welcome to the Retrobike GT Division ;)

Back