07 Dialledbikes Love/Hate SS (Modern Content).

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well to my surprise I won this bike on ebay last week after deciding that I wanted a Single Speed without a tensioner (this has a Phil Wood Eccentric BB). It is a Dialledbikes Love/Hate frame (Reynolds 520 D/Butted cromoly) with a mix of components, some of which I have already upgraded (XT square taper bb, Thomsen stem and post, ENO cranks and XT spd's). It already had the On One carbon fork, FSA carbon bars and Magura Louise brakes, the only other things I have changed are the handlebar grips, stem spacers (were silver), tyres and of course if I can claim anything slightly retro about it, a Flite Titanium saddle! May upgrade the wheelset and brakes in the future.

Nothing retro in the stable now but who knows, once bitten!

Trevor.

Attachments

• Dialledbikes Love Hate SS 004 (Small).jpg
    Dialledbikes Love Hate SS 004 (Small).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,536
  • Dialledbikes Love Hate SS 003 (Small).jpg
    Dialledbikes Love Hate SS 003 (Small).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,536
  • Dialledbikes Love Hate SS 002 (Small).jpg
    Dialledbikes Love Hate SS 002 (Small).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,536
  • Dialledbikes Love Hate SS 001 (Small).jpg
    Dialledbikes Love Hate SS 001 (Small).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,536
What are those brakes? Just noticed they're the 'wrong' way round (if there is a right way). :?

Ah no, tis an optical illusion! :D

I find the Love/Hate a bit confusing.

Why have a single speed without a gear hanger unless you want to give people the option to run it geared.

Why give people the option to run it geared and then provide no way of routing or securing gear cables.

Lovely bike though - other than that confusion, Mike knows how to design a nice bike.

Should have clamped it by the seatpost/10

Very nice bike, just needs some mud ;)

Dave_H":2hxeib32 said:
I find the Love/Hate a bit confusing.

Why have a single speed without a gear hanger unless you want to give people the option to run it geared.

Why give people the option to run it geared and then provide no way of routing or securing gear cables.

Lovely bike though - other than that confusion, Mike knows how to design a nice bike.

I wondered that myself because as you say there is no way of routing gear cables so why not just make it a true SS without gear hanger? I'm not complaining though, may get a Cotic Simple eventually if I like this anyway. Glad everyone likes the colour, I think it stands out in a crowd and there are not that many of these around.

Trevor.

Back