Mongoose Amplifier

jango

Senior Retro Guru
it's finally looking like a bike again.......slightly pic'n'mix components but it should all work fine together. Couple of small adjustments and then it's time to deNOS the tyres!!

Attachments

• Amplifier2.jpg
    Amplifier2.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 2,739
  • Amplifier1.jpg
    Amplifier1.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 2,740
  • Amplifier3.jpg
    Amplifier3.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 2,739
  • Amplifier4.jpg
    Amplifier4.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 2,739
Lovely frame - one of my favourite retro fullsussers! If I were ever to buy an AMP, it would have to be a twin-downtubed model like that.

Stunning :cool: , great timing posting this too as i'm looking for inspiration for mine and there seems to be a dire shortage of AMP's on here.

Top job ;)

So thats your Amp.......mmmmm

it is indeed..........I've had it a long time, but it's never been quite 'right'. However the sourcing of a suitable stem from MountainbikeKult.de, thanks Andre, inspired me to rebuild it with it's original forks and Mavic headset (previously it had an A-head and alloy leg F2s, which have now been passed on to Cannondale King for his amp project)

It's probably my most Retro bike (don't know the exact year, anyone?) and I've tried to keep it reasonably period correct with what I had available.

If anyone has a NOS IRC Mythos K 1.95 rear tyre spare.........let me know.

jango":1jdf4crh said:
(previously it had an A-head and alloy leg F2s, which have now been passed on to Cannondale King for his amp project)

That's now my AMP project ;)

As for the year, it look's the same as mine with the twin down tube, was told mine is a 94 , though i'm guessing the F2's are later.

lovely b3 you have there! there is something about these frames that makes one want to start a new project :cool:...if only i could find the right size

Latest posts

Back