93 Manitou FS.....In need of love

yakboy

Manitou Fan
Well yet another bike has ended up in the garage :roll: As this was uncracked and needs a hell of a lot of work, I felt duty bound to rescue it.

49529518163_186bc9cfdd_c.jpg

49529518143_d245be7561_c.jpg

49530021821_fe26537b30_c.jpg

49529518133_48529486fb_c.jpg

Missing the front derailleur, stem and needs a new headset (11/4"). Has 2 small dents where the derailleur band sat and will test my polishing skills to the max (unless Peachy wants to offer to come and help me polish it!) The front and rear forks are solid so quite a few challenges but it is as yet crack free...

Re:

Will be great when done....
Slow burner?

Take a look at my P7 I’m rebuilding just a few threads down and use my method to strip off the laquer ;)

Good luck ... will be worth it...

Re:

Has it had the head tube replaced? The first picture the welds at top tube down tube head tube look odd? Or is it the angle maybe.
Looks like it's already had a striping agent over it?

Interested to see how you progress, I have one I have had repaired.
Everyone knows they crack, it's just a matter of when not if unfortunately :(

Re:

Probably the angle as ok in real life. Someone's already stripped off the anodising so it's just a case of lots of elbow grease and I will wax it when finished

Great project - but like Peachy and his Trek you’ve both taken on one hell of a challenge

If polishing away patina wasn’t as therapeutic as it is - I’d say you were both nutz

Looking at the dates yours is only 8 days younger than mine !

hey, I have a similar project only mine is missing the noodles that join the rear suspension to the main frame. will you dismantle? I ask as if you do I'd love to get a pic of the parts as it looks like I will need to have them made.

ti_pin_man":5l29fc8m said:
hey, I have a similar project only mine is missing the noodles that join the rear suspension to the main frame. will you dismantle? I ask as if you do I'd love to get a pic of the parts as it looks like I will need to have them made.

Not planning to dismantle at the moment as everything moves reasonably freely

Latest posts

Back