1992 GT Zaskar LE - Updated 14/3

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Here is the start of my recently acquired 1992 GT Zaskar LE.

I had originally intended to just buy it, change the handlebar (as it came with a riser) and then just ride it.....

However, it originally came with Rock Shox Mag 21 but the paintwork was completely shot, and as the rest of the bike is good, I had to change them. So, the RST's were fitted last night. Whilst I havent ridden them yet, they seem ok, but I doubt they will stay on too long ;)

Anyway, its packing full M900 XTR which I'm happy with, so I'll see what the rest of you think. I may be tempted to change the stem soon, but I want to ride it first before doing anything else :D

I'll put some decent pics up after I have given it a good clean and polish.

Edit 3/10: Mag21's refurb'd, Syncros stem added, finished :cool:

Edit 14/3: Period correct decals added :D

Attachments

• DSCN2144.JPG
    DSCN2144.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,645
Re: gt

spitoon":nyyzxqfn said:
Very nice Mr gt :cool: :cool: :cool:

It will be when I've finished with it, I'm about 90% pleased at the moment, just a bit undecided about the tyres and stem :?

Re: t

spitoon":1l5lcygi said:
Lose the tyres pal :)

Hmmm, only spares I have are blackwall Schwarble :?

However, they probably will look better. I'll change them over and see ;)

That's looking great so far and from the best period for Zaskar frames IMO. I even like the colour of the RST forks. Not sure about the tyres though but not dead against them.

:cool: :cool:

cherrybomb":q2n58rgo said:
That's looking great so far and from the best period for Zaskar frames IMO. I even like the colour of the RST forks. Not sure about the tyres though but not dead against them.

:cool: :cool:

The fork colour works quite well, and from my brief bit of research they weren't cheap BITD. Will see how I get on with them.

I am going to change the tyres to see how the black ones look. It may help pick out the blue forks, decals, seatpost and bottle cage :cool:

so is that all your after on the GT front mr pickle, or will you be tempted ot buy more?

mattbrown":q55lyt3w said:
so is that all your after on the GT front mr pickle, or will you be tempted ot buy more?

Apart from a Xizang/Lightning, this is all I am after.

However, whilst I dont lust after them, I am tempted by the real old school splater paint models, like the Karokoram etc :cool:

Dont like this at all!!You should get your dad to bring it over to me,ill give you a drink for it!!Great pics of the young fella.Looking for a Zaskar for myself at the moment. :D :D

Back