My Sintesi - built entirely with bits off Retrobike!

frogracer

Devout Dirtbag
Hey all,

Well it's been a while coming, but my first build is virtually done now and I'm quite proud. Ok, so it's not the best, most retro or most bling, but it is my first time so please go easy!

I bought the Sintesi frame off Ebay for £40, I am a sucker for nice ally welding and this is very nicely put together. It's stamped Verlicchi on the back end, and the build is very nice. I have no idea what they would have cost new, information is sparce on the model, but I figured £40 wasn't a lot for a frame.

I am happy with what I've done, apart from the umpteen different shades of red anodising there are :evil: . I had everything apart, rebuilt all the bushings and cleaned everything. I had to rebuild the pedals, rear mech, cranks and brakes. I polished the Middleburn cranks with Autosol and a Dremel, they look better polished IMO.

With the exception of the shifters and saddle, everything came off Retrobike. Not bad, huh?? All comments, criticisms etc welcome. If you recognise your bits, please say!

*I've just realised the pictures I took with my K850i are rubbish, so I'll do better tomorrow.

DSC00775.jpg

Frame: Sintesi Hantrax FS, 18.5"
Fork: Pace RC36 Evo

Headset: Onza Mongo III
Stem: WT Shorty CNC
Handlebar: X-Lite XC2 riser
Grips: Ritchey

Brakes: Hope Mono Mini hydraulic disc
Brake Pads: EBC Green stuff
Brake Levers: Hope

Shifters: XT 9-speed
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: XT
Derailleur Cables: Ebay special kevlar jobbies
Cassette: Shimano 9-speed
Chain: HG93 narrow 9-speed
Cranks: Middleburn RS7, mirror polished by my own fair hand :)
Chainrings: Shimano mega-9
Bottom Bracket: UN73 square taper
Pedals: Odyssey triple trap

Hub Skewers: WTB/ XT
Rims: Mavic F321 disc rear, F219 disc front
Hubs: WTB Momentum front, XT rear
Spokes: Black DB
Tyres: Panaracer Fire XC 2.1
Tubes: Green slime

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Giant Carbon
Seatpost Binder: Hope

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

Its great!! Totally love it :D big thumbs up

( Sintesi are becoming my fav brand have no idea why )

Hey

I think thats brilliant, i just had a similar experience on e-bay, i was really chuffed. I think you have done a brilliant job, it looks really smooth and really quite clean with its lines considering its a full susser.

Well done, i hope you enjoy riding her.

Apart from the riser bar (sorry, I just dont do risers full stop ;) ) I really quite like it, and £40, thats a steal!

Who did you get the pedals off? I wonder if they are my old ones! :LOL:

Good job there, give yourself a pat on the back :cool:

Very interesting, so many different things to look at and gets a big thumbs up from me :)
Any idea of weight, just out of interest really

Pickle":1m6xq07h said:
Who did you get the pedals off? I wonder if they are my old ones! :LOL:
The pedals came from Xizang - I used a pair of new cages I found and rebuilt the bearings and cleaned them up.

Weight? Dunno, I'll weigh it when the rain stops.

Thanks for the comments guys, I like it. Just got to get the brakes bled and gears adjusted and I'm off.

Back