Another one....I think I have a problem!

Gerard

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Couldn't resist it. I don't have one, so makes up the set, and is in keeping with the others......and AMP Research B5 in now in the stable. I'm not exactly sure of age, but think it is one of the earlier ones. The forks defiantly are from the serial number. So 1997 I suspect.

It has it's issues as do most bikes bought of fleebay, but it does have a Risse Astro-5 Damper, F4BLT front shock, and the disc brakes with X-lite levers. So worth a punt I thought.

Weirdly it seems if some sort of oil or kerosene had got on parts....the Yeti grips were mullered....turned to a gooey mush. Straight off.

There are some issues with the rear end....the bush in the top of the seat stay is oval! Like waise the is some play in the bushes on the frame shock plate mounting. So I will have to do some work on these....shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Got the brakes working....just need new pads....stop on a dime!

Anyway I will have to do some polishing (dam Nick for introducing me to Autosol....I used to like patina) and there is a need for decals. I don't think Gil has B5 decals, but I will see what I can do.

:cool: nice, glad you got this so we can see it more. I was going to bid on it myself but thought it would go quite high so resisted :)

Can't see any problem.....

Back