Homegrown Bassboat blue!

Dhphat

Senior Retro Guru
I've wanted one of these forever I'm not really sure why but i guess i'm just a sucker for bassboat. Kust won the auction can't wait for it to show up. I'm thinking Magic cranks or a black set of double barrels that i have lying around and maybe the rest mostly 950 XTR.

173151788_o.jpg

173151902_o.jpg

173151828_o.jpg

Nice!
Were these made by YETI ?
What year is it ? I seem to recall that ~99 ones has a different wishbone stays ("N-litened" or something like that) ?

Hi,

I am not a fan of Alloy frames,but i too have always fancied a Homegrown in metalic gold!!

They just have something don't they? nice paint jobs probably. They are also flippin' light!

I have only had one alloy hardtail and that was Zaskar single speed weighing 16lb in a 19. So a 15 lb ss anyone?

Cool frame!

Al. :D

I remember seeing a very nice red and gold homegrown hanging up in a shop in Edmonton when I was traveling through Canada in 1998. I think they made a carbon framed 'sweet spot' suspension frame in the same colours. All very very nice.

I saw that auction too, way too big for me though... :oops:

Sweeeeeeet colour and I love the racing style graphics - good luck with the build!

ameybrook":1jn4u6bz said:
Archangel":1jn4u6bz said:
Nice!
Were these made by YETI ?

This one was not.

But its still a cool frame. ;)

Yeah this is just a Homegrown not a Homegrown Factory, the Factory model indicated that it was made by Yeti if i remember correctly. I found this image from the 1999 catalog so I'm still thinking its a 99.

1999_12.jpg

Dhphat":25hzt86a said:
ameybrook":25hzt86a said:
Very Interesting Research man! Thanks for the info. I wonder where mine came from? the world may never know.......

It was a great conversation with Brett Hahn, very helpful guy and he's seen this site. Loves it.

A 99 Homegrown USA? More than likely they had sourced production overseas by that time. Dont let that discourage you, thats a very, very nice bike. I should know, I raced that same frame for a year.

Back